Den leaders No access, multiple accounts

I have 2 den leaders who do not have admin access.
One has 2 accounts in scoutbook. One of his is the correct email while the other uses a scoutbook placeholder email. I(committee chair) do not have a way to edit emails and can not find a way to resend an email activation link.

The other den leader only has access to his own scout so also no admin. His listing has an incorrect email address. Again, I have no way to edit that

The council rep says he can not fix that. Who has that ability?

Can you post their bsa member numbers (no names)?

Here are the two member numbers
12066235 & 13426197

@JasonWalters These should be fixed now. RJ will need to double check e-mail address, because it was different between my.scouting and Scoutbook.

Thanks for working on that. I have confirmed that one which had duplicates now only has one entry, but he does not have admin access even though he is setup as cubmaster.
I havent been able to speak to the other one.
thanks

@JenniferOlinger @jacobfetzer I am having the same problem with my personal account. A duplicate account with the same name and a separate BSA number has shown up in our pack. The account I still have access to is not marked as a den leader anymore and does not have record of my YPT course completion.

BSA numbers:
(Deleted)

@JasonWalters N.W. is registered as a Committee Member and Tiger Den Leader. If you want him to have the Pack Admin role in Scoutbook, another Pack Admin will need to add it via the Pack Roster page in Scoutbook.

Alternatively, one of the pack’s Key 3 (registered Cubmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep.) or a Key 3 Delegate can use the Roster → Position Manager → Functional Roles at my.scouting to designate N.W. as a Key 3 Delegate. Please note that you will have 2 wait for an overnight process to run, but then they Key 3 Delegate should show up in Scoutbook as a Key 3 Delegate and unit Admin.

Someone who is a pack admin should click his name and add the pack admin role. Note that his registered position is committee member.

@ChristopherBayer This should be fixed for you now. You have multiple BSA member numbers, but your Tiger Den Leader registration is associated with BSA member number 136559929.

Yes, everything seems to be working correctly now. Thank you!

Hey Jennifer. N.W is also in there as cubmaster.
He has been for a week or so when the prev cubmaster transferred the role to him.
I can see it there for him. I am committee chair.
I will say that each time I click into Cubmaster role for him I see where the position has an approved check box. I check it off then return and its unchecked. See the image

@JasonWalters Hi Jason, there appears to be something wrong with your account, because your date of birth is blank. Please contact your local council, and they should be able to fix it.

N.W. is not currently registered in the Cubmaster position. There are a few different ways to get him officially switched to the Cubmaster position:

1. The Chartered Org. Rep. can go to my.scouting and go to the Roster tool, then click on the Position Manager and drag and drop N.W.'s name to the Cubmaster position.
  2. N.W. can fill out a paper application for the new position.
  3. You can wait until recharter and switch it then.
1 Like

Hey Jennifer. Thanks for your help.
My local council has not been able to help. They have told me that the only people who can do anything to scoutbook is the key 3, which I am one of.
I’m stuck. Is there not a main organization who can edit scoutbook and fix probs like this?

Jason,

Your Date of Birth listed in ScoutNET/Akela is 1/1/1900. Contact your Council to have your correct DOB entered into your record. Once they do this, if it does not update in Scoutbook in 24 hours, we can force it to update.

Your Council does have contacts to help them fix Scoutbook issues but in your case they need to fix the problem via ScoutNET. All Councils know they are the primary contact for Scoutbook issues.

2 Likes

Great thanks. I have sent this info to the council rep.

Hi,

I too have lost access to my Den. Name is Jeff Shafer and my BSA # is 13013529

@JeffreyShafer1 I have set a sync to fix this is afternoon - a den admin will need to reattach you to a den

Thank you. I’ve got my den back.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.