District Chaplain Leader - can't add classroom certificate in my.scouting.org

I have a leader who has taken the classroom version of the District Chaplain role. When I tried to add this in my.scouting.org - the only District training option available was District Basic Training. How do I get him recorded as a trained leader?

Thanks.

1 Like

Your district training chair can add it manuallyafter you send them a picture of the card as proof. If you don’t have a training chair check with your district committee chair.

Angela Haggerty
Longhorn Council
Chisholm Trail District Training Chair

I am curious, what is the training that has been completed?

I found 3 modules for Chaplain (SCO_1200, 1201, 1202), but no classroom equivalent. For lack of other evidence, it seems this training covers a chaplain for units, districts, councils, and national.

What training code could be used as a classroom equivalent to these modules?

Thank you for your responses. I am the District Training Chair and have seen the picture of the card as proof. There is no option in my.scouting.org to add.

He has been a scouter for a very long time. He has proof of a classroom event for Chaplain. There is no training code available but in theory he should be given credit for the classroom work. Thank you for your response.

Susan,
It took me a bit to figure it out the first time I entered a class manually in this system. I took some screenshots of how I add training for my district, using my troop as my example. Some info has been blacked out, it is a strange world in which we live. If this doesn’t work then you need to contact your council for tech support.

First, you go into my.scouting.org training manager, browse to the unit with your “Select Org” browser.

Second, click “Search Training”, then click the check box next to your scouter’s name, and finally click “View Training”. This should bring up a list of every training that scouter has ever completed, some of these lists are very long.

At this point, you should see a link to “Add Training”. Once clicked it will bring up a series of drop-down menus to select the specific training and date.

I hope this helps!

Angela Haggerty
Chisholm Trail District Cub Scout Activities Committee
Troop 150 G Committee Chair

1 Like

@DougWright
Sometimes they review these online modules at the University of Scouting or Commissioners College. I have taught a few at Commissioner’s College that did not have a classroom code and just gave them credit in the system for the individual videos we covered in class.

Angela Haggerty
Chisholm Trail District Cub Scout Activities Committee
Troop 150 G Committee Chair

Thank you so much for this response. When I do what you suggest…there isn’t an option for District Chaplain in the list. I found out from one of the professionals tonight that I can only add classroom training while someone at the council can add individual module credit. Your help is appreciated!

Contact your council registrar. Registrars should be able to add any training.

1 Like

My unit Commissioner was also able to update my Training record. Another resource you can try.

You cannot add your own training. You can contact a member of your district training committee or a district key-3 leader to have them add classroom training.

Unit commissioners cannot add training for district committee members.

Related discussion:

1 Like

Thank you so much for this information!