Duplicate Scout Entry in Scoutbook

I have a Cub Scout who is showing up twice when I view the Roster. As far as I can tell the entries are completely identical including the BSA Member # and the UserID.

1: you might have 2 connections to the Scout - check My Connections

2: check the scouts membership - are there 2 - ex. one in pack & one in Den? Just needs the den one

This Scout (initials E.K.) needs to be moved into a den in Scoutbook. The easiest way to do this is to go to the den page in Scoutbook and click on the “Reassign Scout(s)” button.

Next, try re-setting your Pack Admin role in Scoutbook. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Pack Roster page in Scoutbook.
  2. Click on your name.
  3. Click on your Pack Admin role.
  4. Make sure the box is checked next to “Position Approved”.
  5. Click Update.

This will re-set your Pack Admin connections to all Scouts in the pack.

If that does not resolve this issue, go to E.K.'s main page in Scoutbook, click on the parent’s name under “Parents / Guardians”, make sure the “Parent/Guardian” box is checked, and then click Update. This should re-set the parent connection to the Scout.

I tried all of those things and she is still in there twice. I know we are on the right track because I can see that I am connected to her once as a parent and once as a leader. Is there a way to just remove one of those connections?

Yes you have 2 separate connections to her - this will have no effect on anything except seeing her twice. I can erase one if you want

OK, I just removed one of them. I don’t know which connection. You might need to go through the re-set process again.

It’s fixed now - either you did it or I did. Either way thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.