I see I am not connected to den members, pack admin sees that I am

I’m a den leader and have had no problems with connections to den members in past. Now I only have a connection to my own son. My profile lists me as the den leader, and I have updated my position info per Not Connected to Scouts or Not Seeing or Able to Access All Scouts I should in some or all the Scoutbook tools - Reset Connections or Roles (SB) - Scoutbook Knowledge Base and logged out/in but nothing so far has worked. My pack admin sees me as connected to the den members. I cannot update their achievements any more.

Any ideas?

Try going to:

My Dashboard → Administration → My Account → My Positions

Click on a current position / role. Click the box next to: “I agree to join the unit leader roster.” Update. Then repeat for other position(s) / role(s) in your pack.

Then, ask a Pack Admin to:

1. Go to the Pack Roster page
  2. Click on your name.
  3. Click on your position / role.
  4. Update.

This should re-set your connections to the Scouts in your den. If it doesn’t work, you might have a duplicate account.

Do you have a den admin position or just a den leader position?

Ask the pack admin to check your profile for your email address and BSA member number. Make sure it’s the same as you see on your profile when you log in.

Brandon,

This sounds like you may have 2 Scoutbook accounts. Go to My Dashboard → My Account → Edit Profile, scroll down and make sure the BSA Member ID matches what you see when you log in to my.scouting.org. Also, ask your pack admin to click on your name in the roster, click Edit Profile and check the BSA Member ID. If there is a mismatch you have multiple Scoutbook accounts that will need to be merged. Let us know what you discover and we can determine the next step to fix your issue.

Thank you, this appears to be an issue with having multiple Scoutbook accounts. The member ID I see is different from the one my pack admin sees when selecting my name from the pack roster page.

Not sure how this happened. I have not messed with my account since joining and use the same login each time. What can I do to resolve this?

if you have both BSA # you can go to my.scouting.org > Log in > Click Menu top Left > Click Manage Member ID and Merge the 2 - probably making the one your unit has the Primary one

Both member numbers appear when I click Manage Member ID. When I try to make the one my unit admin can see as primary, an error message appears stating:

Failed to update membership. Reason: Person GUID is empty

The same member ID also has no council associated with it.

Send an email to scoutbook.support@scouting.org with all the Info and what you want done - you need to merge the accounts - state which one you need as primary

Thank you Jennifer, Jacob, Ed, and Donovan! I’ll give that a shot.

This resolved the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.