BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Eagles are in old IA but not new IA

correct. but i just checked again and there are a few eagles in my unit that achieved and are listed as eagle after the other ones that are still listed as life. so… :frowning: (still can’t enter palms)

Nothing is pending in IA1.0 correct ? And you are only using IA and not scoutbook itself. Sorry for the questions and my ignorance but just want to get up to speed on the details.

as far as i know. IA1 is closed, can’t get into it. only using scoutbook.scouting.org now

@BRIANCOLTON I have a few minutes if you want me to setup a screenshare to see if I can figure it out

I can confidently say if you do not see it in IA2 council does not have it and I would start with a call to them to see what they see for the Scout

i see it as pending but can’t approve. maybe they can?

I don’t think council ever approved it - I think maybe a unit leader added it to the old IA but I am not even sure that would add a date to it

When was the ESRA submitted to council for that scout ?

OK I think we have this pieced together - the Scout or Parent used the Scouting app or maybe Scoutbook and marked the Eagle complete - that is why it is showing in IA2 as Pending. BUT it leads to the larger issue that Council has not processed it if turned in and an EBOR took place

Ah… that seems to fit the issue. I wonder if that completion should be locked out for parents on both scoutbook and the app.

You may be able to determine who marked the Eagle complete by going to https://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/ logging in with your my.scouting.org ID and password. Click on My Dashboard -> Administration -> Troop X -> Troop Roster -> Scout name -> Scout’s Advancement -> Eagle. Under the completion date it should say Completed by with the name of the person who makred it complete.

@Stephen_Hornak - no Scouts (and parents) have every right to write in the book when they think they are done. That is all this is.

Yeah that is true and something we advocate. So I was off base.

Dear William:

May I please copy you—if need be—on a similar escalation? Like the original poster of this thread, we have several life scouts (and eagles) whose information has just disappeared or is inaccurate in IA 2.0. It was accurate in IA 1.0, and have no idea what happened.

For one life scout, a representative from national reported to us that they had no (and I mean none) advancement data for one of our aging life scouts.

Good thing we kept track of his advancement in TroopTrack, but if we cannot even depend on Internet Advancement 2.0’s data, what are we to do?

We don’t know if it’s a good idea to use Scoutbook if data integrity is not ensured. (I know this isn’t something the SUAC can directly resolve; I’m just expressing some frustration we’ve had.)

Thank you so much for making yourself available to users.

1 Like

Daniel, Please send an email to myscouting@scouting.org
Include all the details.

1 Like

Daniel,
IA2 uses a different database than IA1 and I am told that for a small amount of Scouts not all the advancements moved over. The development team is working on it now with the goal to have it resolved by the end of the week.

1 Like

I have this exact situation happening. We have an eagle that earned it in Nov 2018. He was approved by national/council in the old system. He is now showing up as a life scout and the system will not let me approve him. We also have other scouts that have earned eagles in Jan 2019 and thier records are showing up correctly. Please advise on how to fix this issue, as I too cannot add any palms for this scout.

After emailing National it appears my issue was resolved (never was notified but thank you to whomever fixed it for me!). Andrea suggest you do the same, email addresses are in this thread. I’m sure that many units have had this issue. I also have to randomly go into each scout and find “pending” old advancement and approve those (Even for ranks that are well below what current scout has).

I have this same issue for 16 of my 29 scouts; multiple ranks showing as pending - one is already Eagle as of months ago. One scout who is in high school with tenderfoot rank is listed as a bear scout. Our troop uses Troop Web Host which was synced an up to date with IA1. I don’t have time to screen shot all of them. Is there a pending fix for this. I have no confidence in Scoutbook / IA2 now and am not sure how to proceed.

To be clear, I am not referring to ‘awards.’ I am referring to rank advancements.

Kimberly, please send an email to myscouting@scouting.org. And include as many details as you can (unit number, council name, some Scout names and BSA ID #s with some examples of missing ranks / awards).