Emailing den doesn't select all parents

I am viewing a den in our roster, and I can see every scout has a linked parent, but when I click to email the den, none of the non-leader parents are selected by default. Shouldn’t the email functionality notify all the parents in the den as well as the leaders, without me needing to manually add them?

It should, and it does for me. Are you a den admin?

When you go to the Send Message page, and you look at one of the parents who is not being included, do you see the Scout’s full name (first and last) or just first name? If you only see the Scout’s first name, then you need to reset the parent’s connection to the Scout.

You can do this by going to Pack Roster or Den page, click on the Scout’s name, click on a parent’s name, then Update.

I wondered about that, as I don’t see the Scout’s name at all. Resetting as you described does seem to work - but this is clearly a bug, as every single parent account I created (the entire pack) needs to be reset in this way. It sounds like a known one; is it being worked on already?

Unfortunately we have been unable to duplicate the issue in one of our test environments or set it on any production account we have access to. This is required to ensure the problem is fixed.

If you still have parents in this situation, send an e-mail to Scoutbook.support@scouting.org with your unit, council and the name(s) of the Scouts and their parents that are not working correctly. Post the SSD number you get back in an automated email. Do not click update on these parent connections. We can then ask the developers to look into these specific connections.

If you don’t see the scout’s name at all, I believe that means the parent has not accepted the invitation to connect.

I had one parent who had logged into her account already; her invitation status no longer said “pending”.

I fixed them all but will see if I can force it.

jacobfetzer
Jacob Fetzer
Scoutbook User Advisory Council

August 19

alt Carolyn_S:
I wondered about that, as I don’t see the Scout’s name at all.

If you don’t see the scout’s name at all, I believe that means the parent has not accepted the invitation to connect.

I duplicated and reported: SSD-74781.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.