Error Code during Registration Checkout

Hello,

I’m trying to register myself as an Adult Leader for my local Venture Crew. However, when I attempt to check out, I get an error message, “Error Code: -12, Message: Person not found by member ID”.

Any idea what’s causing this? My local chapter doesn’t know what the error means.

Thanks for any help!!

BS|456x500

Not 100% sure if this is the solution. But are you sure you have the right BSA ID. It won’t be able to find you in the system (which it needs to do to link the purchase to your account) if you put it in wrong. And again, it could be a good-ol-fashioned BSA I.T. mess up. (They are pretty common :slight_smile:)

I have potential ASM trying to submit an Adult Application. Gets: “Something went wrong Error Code: instance type (null) does not match any allowed primitive type (allowed: [“integer”]), Message: Invalid Request”

Any ideas?

@RussellPittman What method are they using to submit the application? Please provide their bsa member number (no names).

New Adult - didn’t have a BSA ID yet - still working on their YPT.

If their YPT isn’t done, they won’t be able to proceed with the application. It could be that that’s the issue and it’s a terrible error message.

If they have a MYST log in they have a BSA ID/#

If it is a parent, then the BSA number might be missing the date of birth (DOB).

Have a different issue… Unit Leader tried to add a leadership position for a Lion Den Leader. The DL is registered as both a Partner and a Den Leader. BSA ID 14635661. According to Unit Leader, the person’s SB ID 12759417. Thanks.

@RussellPittman I set up a sync to bring in the DL position - check this evening - it will not be assigned to a Den

Youth record
BSA ID 14532668
SB ID 12996855
Error indicates account needs to be setup with “Sync”

@RussellPittman This Scout’s Scoutbook account was set as an adult.

Could you please check again?