Error received when trying to add a new adult volunteer

I am trying to add a new den leader to our pack’s recharter roster, but am receiving an error when I try to add them. The error states “first/last name or date of birth doesn’t match the person record of member id #”, but both myself and the new den leader double checked their information and it is correct. I also tried to invite them (instead of adding a new member), but they also receive the same error when they try to accept the invitation to join our pack.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)
@LauraHild

I had this problem also. It was due to the leader having two different BSA numbers.

I also have this error with two new adult leaders I am trying to register (new paper applications). Please advise me how to correct it.

Contract your council. Once they have approved membership numbers, they will appear in Scoutbook one to two days later.
I suspect the most common delay causes are missing paperwork, signatures, BSA® youth protection training (all required modules and test), and waiting for background check items to be completed.

Every council can be different in the paper work required to be submitted due to government requirements that are in addition to Scouting requirements.

If you cannot get a status report from you council’s registration staff, contact your district executive for assistance.

SUAC forum monitors cannot help you until the council has a BSA membership id number in the national membership database.

2022-11-18-A

1 Like

Bill,

This is an error on our re-charter. I am trying to enter the new volunteers (and submit their paper applications electronically), but am getting the error that their member ID does not match the name and birthday information entered. I have double-checked all entered information and cannot find the error. The two adults are:

(removed by Moderator)
Birthdate: (removed by Moderator)
Member ID: 13889706

(removed by Moderator)
Birthdate: (removed by Moderator)
Member ID: 12567846

• Jacqi Schuetze
    Pack 195 Committee Chair

Only council registration staff or national can change a birthdate. To have mine fixed I had to go to the council service center and present my state photo id card.

2022-11-18-A

@JacquelineSchuetze The forums are public, so we ask that people please not post personal information (such as dates of birth). Usually the BSA member number is all we need.

I did some syncing between the BSA’s databases. Please try again tomorrow and “Refresh Roster” in Recharter to see if that fixes things. If not, please contact your council Monday morning for assistance.

1 Like