Error Message on Log in

For months, I keep getting an error message when I try to log in. Sometimes it will work after trying a second or third time. Sometimes I try 20 times without success. I cannot find a pattern or anything. It is frustrating to be have to spend so much time trying to log in. especially if we are at a meeting.

“We were not able to log you in. Please refresh the page and try again.”

Refreshing does not help. It does it when I first load the site and even after it times out. How to stop this from happening?

I’ve recently started getting the same message. It generally clears if I close the login dialog box and click the login button again. In my case, I think it’s generally triggered by a typo in my password.

Thank you for your reply…That used to work sometimes. But is rare now. It can’t be a typo for me because my laptop autofills.

Interesting. That puts a new spin on my assumption that it’s caused by a typo. It seemed to resolve itself when I exited and tried again, so I interpreted that to mean I fat-fingered my password. Maybe something else is going on behind the scenes.

I have been trying to log in …on and off for 2 hours now. SO very frustrating.

Christine, could you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies?

I already cleared those. Still can’t log in due to error message.

This message appears when recaptcha (the thing on many sites that makes you identify a picture) thinks you are a bot. Are you using a password manager? They often fool the recaptcha system. If you are, try entering your ID and password manually.

When I first open the page to log in, I have to wait for a black rectangle to appear and disappear before logging in. This can be 1-3 seconds lag and the flash is not log enough to read what is in the box.

If I attempt logging in before the flash, I get the error. When I wait, then no problems.

2 Likes

I have to wait before trying to login. I assumed it was my old computer or an upgrade to the extension being uploaded.

I have this same problem, but only when using Chrome, and only for the past several weeks. Sometimes refreshing the page works, but often it takes several refreshes, and closing and reopening the program a couple of times to get it to work, by which time I give up and open it in IE instead. Clearing the cache doesn’t help. I don’t use a password manager other than the browser’s “saved passwords” feature.

Strangely, this only happens when using my laptop. I never have this issue on my desktop. Both computers are using the latest version of Chrome (77.0.3865.90 64-bit), and I use saved passwords on both. The only significant difference that I can think of is that the laptop is Windows 8 and the desktop is Windows 7.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.