Error occurred while processing request

I’m also having trouble entering advancement for some of my scouts. I’ve been getting the “Error occurred while processing request” message trying to enter merit badges for a couple of scouts for about a week. I was able to enter a rank advancement for 1 scout with no problem.

Douglas,
As Jen pointed out:
In order to access the advancement part of Internet Advancement, you need to be registered as a unit Key 3 or designated in one of the functional roles at my.scouting as Unit Advancement Chair or a Key 3 Delegate.

Functional roles such as Unit Advancement Chair and Key 3 Delegate expire at the end of each charter year. After your local council has processed your unit’s recharter, one of your unit’s Key 3 (SM/CM, CC or COR) will need to log in at my.scouting and use the Organization Security Manager to re-designate the functional roles.

I’m Scoutmaster and my role is showing correctly in my profile. My unit’s recharter has also been processed and is current until December 31, 2021.

In your Scoutbook and my.scouting profile?

Yes, all my profiles show correctly. Someone at BSA just needs to admit there is a problem and work on a fix.

1 Like

Part of the issue is 99.9% of the time a person THINKS they are one of the key 3. Scoutbook allows a unit admin to make someone become, say, Cubmaster. There is the issue for 99.9%. People swear up and down they are Cubmaster. Once they finally check my.scouting they are like”oh, I guess my app wasn’t processed like I thought”. Activities require not Scoutbook to be correct, but my.scouting. So, the volunteer resources make sure, with a clear affirmative, that my.scouting is correct. Then, then can proceed to help the 0.1% like yourself with the next steps.

2 Likes

Who has the ability to update it my.scouting. In scoutbook.scoutbook.org I am listed as ASM, Key 3 Delegate, Unit Advancement Chair, and Troop Admin. In my.scouting I am only listed as ASM.

Bill Nelson answered this further up the thread:

1 Like

@DouglasMeikle There is an API bug, and they are working on fixing it.

However, some of the people in this thread have a different issue, where they need to have their Unit Advancement Chair or Key 3 Delegate functional roles redesignated using the Roster tool (formerly called the Organization Security Manager) at my.scouting.

This is a much longer process. When can we expect the Internet Advancement to get fixed so we can enter merit badges and ranks directly into it instead of doing the roundabout long way ?

If you’re a key 3 member or if your key 3 delegation assignment has been extended since your unit rechartered, the developers have made a change a few minutes ago that may have resolved your issue. Please log off and on and try again.