Error occurred while processing request

Using Internet Advancement 2.0. I am Advancement chair and have already successfully used this tool since re-registration. Today - I cannot enter Advancements for one scout without getting “error occurred while processing request”. I have been able to enter advancements for other scouts in the troop today. Scout ID = 133712517

Advancement updates worked for 5 scouts. I got the “error occurred…” for a total of 4 scouts. Please help

Both your account and the Scout’s look correct from what I can see. I have sent this to the developers for investigation.

The same thing is happening to me. I’ve tried for 2 days to enter merit badges and ranks and get the error. I’m the advancement chair for our troop and had no problems earlier this year. Is it the power problems in Texas?

So weird for me that it worked for 5 of 9 scouts I was updating but errors on 4 of them so thats why I didnt think related to TX. I wonder if its related to parents making updates in Scoutbook.

Just tried again, 4th time with the same error message. I did check and I am listed as troop admin. Could that be the problem?
The 1st time I tried multiple times and did get a message that said they were experiencing server problems. Don’t know if that helps anyone.

I have been trying for the past week and get the same error message. I have tried several different scouts and get the same error for each. The troop has a Court of Honor this week and I can’t enter advancement. Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried logging into Scoutbook.com and entering the advancements there?

Those having problems can try logging into scoutbook.com click on their dashboard, click on the unit, click on quick entry, and approve advancements there. Then you can go back into IA and print the report for the Scout Shop as you normally do.

@KurtLarson1 I think your issue is that your council has not processed your troop’s recharter yet.

In order to access the advancement part of Internet Advancement, you need to be registered as a unit Key 3 or designated in one of the functional roles at my.scouting as Unit Advancement Chair or a Key 3 Delegate.

Functional roles such as Unit Advancement Chair and Key 3 Delegate expire at the end of each charter year. After your local council has processed your unit’s recharter, one of your troop’s Key 3 will need to log in at my.scouting and use the Organization Security Manager to re-designate the functional roles.

You’re right. I just found out today that our charter won’t be renewed untill all the adults redo their clearances, child abuse, state police etc. It may be awhile till I can do this.

@KurtLarson1 It looks like you are a Troop Admin in Scoutbook. You should be able to use Scoutbook to add merit badges and ranks until your recharter is processed.

Please let us know if you need assistance.

Thanks, I’ll just wait until we’re back. We don’t use Scoutbook at this time. Thanks again.

I was getting the message on Wednesday and again right now. I am listed as a Key 3 delegate and am the advancement chair. I can’t input anything. Any thoughts?

@JardO_Cone Please log in at my.scouting and go to:

Menu → My Profile

Then scroll down until you see the “Registrations” section. What do you see listed there for your registered positions and roles?

It has me listed as assistant scoutmaster.

@JardO_Cone Based on what I can see, your unit’s recharter has been processed by your council. However, your functional roles as Key 3 Delegate (K3D) and Unit Advancement Chair (UAC) have expired and need to be redesignated.

You actually do not need both K3D and UAC, because UAC is a subset of permissions of K3D.

I just went through this. I list access after our recharter and it was fixed. I have been putting in advancements over the last few weeks. When I log In to scout book it says I’m a K3. Is this different then where you had me check? Does our admin have to update this again?

Thanks
Jared

@JardO_Cone The advancement module in IA 2.0 does not look at the roles in Scoutbook – only the registrations and roles in the Organization Security Manager at my.scouting.

I see your K3D functional role for 2019 and 2020, but not 2021.

@JardO_Cone - informational-
The key 3 are charter org rep, committee chair, unit leader (scoutmaster, cubmaster, crew advisor). The delegation roles expire at the end of each charter period. Usually 31 December and have to be reassigned after the recharter has posted with the new expiration date.

1 Like