Error when updating email in parent user profile

I have been trying to update the email for a connected parent for weeks now and I keep receiving server error messages. It does not appear to matter what I set the email to. When I tried again today, I get a 404 error.

This is the URL of the error I received:

https://scoutbook.scouting.org/mobile/500.asp?Error=url%3A%20/mobile/dashboard/admin/editprofile.asp%3FScoutUserID%3D%26AdultUserID%3D10686111%26UnitID%3D8790%20Status%3A%20200%20thrownError%3A%20SyntaxError%3A%20Unexpected%20token%20'<'%20responseText%3A%20<!DOCTYPE%20html>%20 <html>%20 <head>%20 <title>Scoutbook%20-%20Error</title>%20 <meta%20name%3D"robots"%20content%3D"noindex%2C%20nofollow"%20/> <!--JAL%2C%20122117%20--> <meta%20charset%3D"utf-8"%20/> <meta%20http-equiv%3D"content-language"%20content%3D"en-us"%20/> <meta%20name%3D"viewport"%20content%3D"width%3Ddevice-width%2C%20initial-scale%3D1%2C%20minimum-scale%3D1%2C%20maximum-scale%3D1">%20 <meta%20name%3D"apple-mobile-web-app-capable"%20conte

@AdriannaSimone - it would seem to me that the individual would have to update that themselves. The only way I have ever been able to edit an email was if the parent never connected to their account.

1 Like

@Stephen_Hornak is correct. After a person connects to their account, nobody else is allowed to change the email address associated with it.

When you say connected do you mean that you connected them to a scout or that they have accepted the invitation to connect by logging in. When you check the show parents/guardians box on the roster, what does it say under their name?

Regardless, there is a bug, since the output is not ideal. It’s just a matter of narrowing down the cause.

Thanks for the replies.

When I say connected I mean that the parent is a connection for a scout. But more accurately, they are a pending connection. As far as I know they have never used this account. Presumably because the email address is not correct and they cannot login? I have been told by the den leader that the parent does not receive any scoutbook notifications. When I view their profile I see:

This connection is Pending
Last invitation email was sent a year ago
Send Invite Again

Their email is set to “changemyemail@scoutbook.com”. I don’t know if that was set by a person in our council/committee or if that is some sort of automated default.

I was told by our prior Scoutbook “expert” that I should be able to edit anyone in the pack. I am a committee member with Full Control over everyone, but I still get that error.

Thanks again for any help.

1 Like

I’ve sent you a private message to get some more information.

I’m having this same issue with our Treasurer. He has a daughter in Scouting BSA and a son that’s a Cub Scout. I too am a Committee Chair and should be able to update it. How do you resolve this problem? He’s not receiving the notices and meetings so his son hasn’t been attending

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.