Everything's gone!

I took a class at U of S last Saturday on Scoutbook. At that time, I had access to my son’s record, his troop and our associated girl’s troop. Then, the site went down for an update. This morning when I login, there is nothing there. No son, no troops, no personal information, nada. Any ideas?

1 Like

In the past, when this happened to me it was because I had acquired a “duplicate” account. There have, however, been a rash of similar issues recently.

There are what I suspect are related discussions here and here. I don’t know that either one has a definitive solution, but there are several tries at diagnostic steps that might help you narrow your problem, assuming one of them doesn’t fix the issue.

1 Like

Yeah first thing I would try is Switch SSO under Edit Profile

1 Like

@AmandaTimmons - just to rule out browser issues… what OS and browser are you using ?

1 Like

Thank you, All. It appears to be a duplicate account issue. Do any of you know how to get rid of a duplicate member ID? I can’t just replace the SSO number, it doesn’t allow it.

1 Like

Generally speaking, you have to email scoutbook.support@scouting.org and have them merge the accounts.

Does the BSA ID on the “new” account match what’s on your unit’s charter, or is it a new BSA ID? Make sure that, when you ask support to merge your accounts, you specify which BSA ID is correct, which units you should be connected to, which scouts you should be connected to as a parent, and any other relevant information.

1 Like

@AmandaTimmons if you know both BSA # my.scouting.org > Legacy Tool > Manage Member ID can solve it too and much faster

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.