Have parents with two accounts

I have two scouts who moms have two accounts, one does not have an email address which means they do not use this account. Is it best to solution to no longer have multiple versions of the parents account?

SB id for scout: 2423727 and 8611783

We also have other scouts who have a parent listed twice:
SB id: 2135543, 4584418, 2423731, 2672737, 2423726, and 2423732

Is there a bug in scoutbook which causes us to have so many duplicates of parents? 8 out of our 18 scouts have this issue.

4584418 - no issue here - unless there is no dad Dustin

2672737 - no issue here

2423732 - no issue here

All rest other than mentioned are cleaned up

This is most often caused by adult registrations with name variations of what the unit put in as a parent

This is my son, on my end I show twice is there a reason for that?

This may have been fixed with his brothers account listed earlier

Will have a position in the troop cause myself to show twice and my son to show twice to me in scoutbook as well? I can take screen shots if you need them.

you had 2 instances of the parent connecting the same users

DonovanMcNeil, I too have a parent that has two BSA ID and our council has informed me that National will not give them the permissions to merge two profiles. Is this normal or is there someone that our council registrar can reach out to for access?

@ThomasLemrow_Jr there is no merging BSA #s - there is only managing them - they can log into my.scouting.org > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY - it fails if names/DOB do not match up - if that is the case council or SUAC can help

@ThomasLemrow_Jr Do you mean that the parent has 2 Scoutbook accounts (userIDs) and they need to be merged?

Thank you, I will try this.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.