How do you download an andvancement history from internet advancement?

The old version we could download to PDF a copy of a single scout’s advancement history to PDF. This was very useful when it came to the scout completing his Eagle application. The new version does not have this capability that I have found. Is this possible in this “new, improved” version of internet advancement?

1 Like

That has not been implemented yet - you could log into Scoutbook.com and download a history report for each scout

1 Like

There is an Advancement History report In Internet Advancement, which is similar to the Member Summary report that was available in the “old” Internet Advancement. Click on:

1. Roster
  2. Select a Scout
  3. Run Report → Advancement History

You will need to right click on the page in order to print.

However, there is also an option to download a pre-filled Eagle Scout rank application via Internet Advancement (or Scoutbook). In Internet Advancement:

1. Select a Scout.
  2. Click on Record Advancement.
  3. Type of Advancement → Rank
  4. Advancement Item → Eagle Scout
  5. Then click on the button where it says
    “Open Eagle application for:
    [Scout’s name]”

This form is an editable pdf. The Scout still needs to verify that all information on the form is correct.

1 Like

Thank you, Jennifer! This is a wonderful enhancement from the old system. I tried it out using your directions, and they are spot on! This will be used from now on!

Donovan, there is no advancement data in Scoutbook for my troop. We really do not use that platform, as it is very clunky, and have to do multiple clicks to find what you are actually looking for. Internet Advancement is our place for keeping track of records, as it is the official BSA record for each scout.

1 Like

Internet Advancement and Scoutbook both use the same database. So if there is advancement data in Internet Advancement, you will also see it in Scoutbook (and vice versa).

1 Like

For some reason leadership one leadership role is showing up on the individual advancment report in scoutbook, but neither are showing up in the internet advancement report. Also, can’t find the space to include ILST. Is that possible?

ILST is recorded under training in my.scouting, and requires either Key 3/Key 3 Delegate/Unit Training Chair access to add.

Not sure why there’s a mismatch between the IAR and the IA2 report. Which report are you running in IA2?

@LaraServenti Which report are you referring to?

Scouts BSA History Report?
Individual Advancement Record (IAR) Report?
Something else?

1 Like

It’s for an eagle binder.
What’s the differance between the two?
I assumed they shoudl both have the same info.

HI Charlie,
How did you get there?
When I went into my.scouting I couldn’t find a place to add it. When I went into his scoutbook account it wasn’t on the training list. I must be going tot he wrong place because my screen doesn’t look liek yours…

Figured out the ILST!
Thanks… Still working out the two reports and the leadership not showing though

1 Like

@LaraServenti What are the names of the reports that you are looking at?

What is the Scout’s BSA member number? (No names, please)

@LaraServenti So I figured out that your council is asking for:

Scout should obtain a print-out of his personal Internet Advancement Record from his Unit leadership to insure that his Application has been completed accurately.

However, the council document is dated 7-Oct-2017, so I think that it is referring to the old version of Internet Advancement.

What would probably be most useful to the Scout is:

• Eagle Scout application form
  • Scouts BSA History Report

If you could please provide the BSA member number of the Scout, we can take a look.

HI Jennifer,
HIs ID is 127260707

The BSA history report has more on it than the individual report on internet advancement, but only one of his leadership positions are listed.
Thanks for checking on this!
Lara

@LaraServenti It’s probably because the Scout’s position as Librarian is not approved in Scoutbook.

Yep you are right! Thanks so much for the great info and for your quick response. He’s chomping at the bit to get this done and you helped make it a whole lot easier.

1 Like

Troop librarian

@JenniferOlinger - Are you stating there are no Scout leadership roles in and displayed by Scoutbook and Internet Advancement?

“Librarian” duties were listed in the 2018 paper version of the Troop Leader Guidebook - Volume 1. 2018 Printing ed. Vol. 33009, Irving, Tex.: Boy Scouts of America Inc., ©2018. Book. https://www.scoutshop.org/troop-leader-guidebook-vol-1-655939.html, page 73, just before “Quartermaster” and “Scribe”.

I not have seen what was in the 2019 digital copy version.

Do we have a bug?

2022-10-11-H

@Bill_W I’m saying that this particular Scout’s position of Librarian needed to be marked as “approved” by a leader in Scoutbook. When approved, it will have a green shield with checkmark next to it. The reports are supposed to filter out positions that are not marked as approved.

1 Like