How to add a scout?

We have a couple of scouts that have joined and paid dues but they don’t exist in the internet advancement roster nor the scoutbook roster. Is this something that I can do with either platform(or one which would then be propagated to the other)?

@MichaelBur - were the applications turned into council ? Or did they apply online? I would NOT manually add them.

Check the roster at my.Scouting. Are they listed there? That is the official roster.

3 Likes

Jennifer - Thank you for your time. I’m looking in my.scouting and I don’t see where I can see the roster - where do I find this/navigate to this? Thanks!

Stephen - Thank you for your time and the advice to not do this manually - that was my hunch so you’ve confirmed that. I will ask the other leaders if any applications were turned into council but I suspect that nothing was turned in at this point. I’m only familiar with applying online - is there a “paper process” still and if so, can you send me that info? I suspect that these scouts may have paid dues to the pack directly and we need close the loop w/ the application to get them in the system/rosters. I will ask the other leaders for more details.

@MichaelBur as a DL you would not be able to see the My.Scouting Roster

@MichaelBur

Thank you, I will work with our Pack Leader on this issue.

Thank you for attaching that form. I will share this with the rest of the leaders. I’ve always sent new scouts a link to the online process(which is what we did years ago) so was unaware of this way of joining.

@MichaelBur - the paper application is a process that has been in use for a long time. Our council still uses paper apps for adults but we can use on-line for youth.

I am having tha same issue. Scout registered online in January. She still has not shown up in any roster. My council also had no record of her having registered. Ticket was sent on to national and they have not responded.

@AmandaWine By any chance do you have the ticket number?

Council did not give it to me, but I can ask on Monday.
Amanda

@AmandaWine did the unit approve the scout? or did the unit have the auto-approve scouts option set to on?

The scout never showed up for us to approve.
Amanda

@AmandaWine - what is your certainty that they actually applied ?

@AmandaWine Did they get a receipt showing that they paid?

Screenshots of the transaction.
Amanda

Screenshots of their transaction and money was taken from their account.
Amanda

@AmandaWine I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green envelope > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)