How to Delete Duplicate Camping and Service Logs?

internet advancement has been down and the scout master added camping nights and services he noticed that some parents have added camping nights and service hours so it is now showing double does how are we able to delete one so they do not throw off the hours.

I tried to change the topic, sorry my scoutmaster is putting in dates and some 9f the parents have added the same thing just prior and so now there is duplicate camping and service is there a way to delete one

In Internet Advancement, go to the Activities page, click on the edit button (icon looks like a pencil), then click on the “X” to remove all of the people attached to the activity. Once the activity has no people attached to it, then you should be able to delete the activity.

Alternatively, you should be able to use the Basic / Advanced tab to change an individual Scout’s numbers to “0”.

Another way is to click on a Scout’s name on the Roster page, go to the Scout’s Camping or Service Hours log, click on the activity, click on the 3 dots on the right side (for more options), then click on the Edit button. follow the same procedures as above (remove the Scout’s name or change the nights / hours).

(Please note: This might not work for older activities that were entered prior to the migration from Scoutbook to Internet Advancement.)

1 Like

this option is not available when I go to Matthews (who is my son) camping the edit option is gone he is one of the scouts with a duplicate entry. I am including a screen shot of his entry to show that we have no edit or delete button, once approved.

Once the activity is approved, it becomes locked and cannot be edited by a parent / Scout. A leader in the troop should be able to edit the activity.

I am running into a similar issue. I am a unit leader and have a duplicate event that I am trying to delete. It’s a service project. Someone has approved it and I cannot delete it. I am the only person on the event but am also on the other documented event with the same info along with the other leaders and youth that participated. Can someone delete this for me? Or advise how to delete once approved.

@LeneWalters To clarify, what is your position in the unit? Are you a key3, advChair, or a key3 delegate?

@JenniferOlinger from other discussions, most unit leaders can add or edit activities, but once approved can only be edited by key3, delegate, or unit advChair, is that correct?

I am the advancement chair for our Troop.

Yes. They are working to expand who can approve activities (for example: Den Leaders should be able to approve activities for their own den).

@LeneWalters When you log in at my.scouting and go to My Profile, scroll down. What do you see in the Registration section? Based on what I can see, you have a Committee Member registration.

Please ask one of the troop’s Key 3 (Scoutmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org Rep.) or a Key 3 Delegate (if there is one) to use the Organization Security Manager at my.scouting and designate you as Unit Advancement Chair (UAC) or Key 3 Delegate (K3D). You should have access the day after you are added as UAC or K3D, because there is an overnight process that needs to run.

Please note: Functional positions such as Unit Advancement Chair, Key 3 Delegate, etc. expire at the end of each charter year and need to be re-designated after the troop’s recharter has been processed by your council.

Remove the attendees from the activity. When the last one is removed, you should get a dialog that says something like “delete attendees or delete activity”.

(sorry, it’s been a bit since I’ve done this, I don’t remember exactly what the dialog says)

Steve,

I am the only attendee listed on this event and I have already tried to remove myself and delete the event but it does not allow this action. I have followed the directions for removing duplicate participants but to no avail. It would be nice if someone in Scoutbook help would just remove it, otherwise, I guess I won’t worry about it. I have updated my position in the Troop as I am unsure how quickly the council will get recharter completed. If it is this tedious for changes you guys are probably going to get a lot of misentered info throwing your metrics off. I know that the IA program is what tracks service etc for each councils journey to excellence measurements,

thanks

Lene’

@LeneWalters Please ask one of the following to delete the activity for you:

• Scoutmaster
  • Committee Chair
  • Chartered Org. Rep.
  • Key 3 Delegate
  • Unit Advancement Chair

I tried to. The former advancement chair was not able to do it either last night at our meeting. Ohh well.

Thanks

Lene’

@LeneWalters The former advancement chair probably no longer has the correct permissions to make changes. I would recommend asking one of the troop’s Key 3 (Scoutmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep.).

1 Like

The recharter hasn’t gone thru yet so I assumed she would be able to… the scoutmaster would have to be the former one as they just switched over. I will get with either the Scoutmaster or committee chair at the next meeting. The charter org rep does NOTHING with the unit on scout book so that is a lost cause. If it is this laborious I am going to just forget it after my next attempt. However if it fails I am throwing in the towel. This is just too difficult to worry about. I must say that IA is not very to work worth but a guess a step above the JTE website where it would crash and you might have to enter things 3 and 4 times before it would go through.

thanks for your assistance…

Lene’

@LeneWalters It might be best to wait for the recharter to get processed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.