I cannot access my childrens or my troops advancement to add records

Ever since the update and change, I cannot access my two boys or any of my scouts advancement records to add the work they’ve done. My scout leaders don’t know what’s going on. Do I need to contact the scout council?

Which change are you referring to? How long has your access been a problem? Are you referring to Scoutbook?

Yes, this is scout book. I can neither access any advancement for my scouts or my 2 sons. I cannot add rank advancements I cannot update and I cannot print to reports.

What is your position with the troop?

I am the scoutmaster and I have admin access. I experimented and was able to add another scout and I can edit his advancements add advancements and have the normal control. Is just since the update that they did I have lost all control over my current and previous scouts. It’s extremely odd because it actually added in my old scouts who had graduated over a year ago.

I am scoutmaster over the 11 year olds.

1 Like

I am not sure if you are asking questions about Scoutbook or Internet Advancement 2.0.

If you are the leader of eleven-year-old Scouts, then I believe that position is similar to an Assistant Scoutmaster (ASM) position. Are you a Troop Admin or a Patrol Admin?

If you are a Troop Admin in Scoutbook, try this:

1. Go to your Troop Roster page.
  2. Click on your name.
  3. Click on your Troop Admin role.
  4. Click on Update.

This should update your Troop Admin connection to all Scouts in the troop.

An 11 year old Scoutmaster is registered in the BSA as an Asst. Scoutmaster. So it is likely he is an ASM associated with a patrol (the 11 year old patrol.)

How long ago did you start having trouble? I’m not sure which change you are referring to.

When you log in, and go to my dashboard > administration, do you see your troop under my units? Your sons under my family?

Are you logging in with you my.scouting username or email address?

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll take a look tonight. :slight_smile:

My problem as well. Use to be able to access but like everything else, things have to be changed and overcomplucated. Soooooo frustrating.

1 Like

Where are you having difficulties? Scoutbook.com? Internet Advancement 2.0? Somewhere else?

Hi Jennifer, I have been trying to make this work and I don’t have access to do any advancement for my scouts or my sons still. Funny thing is, I was able to mark the climbing merit badge completed for another boy in our troop.

Your suggestion to update my admin role won’t work because I don’t have access to click on my name. There is nothing to click on in the roster. There is a lot of confusing articles on the scouting website too. I just need to be able to update my scouts and we’ve hit 4 months of no access.

James- based on the info that I see, you as an ASM so not a unit admin. Perhaps you were given patrol admin rights. I would suggest looking for the scoutmaster of the troop or another unit admin to update your rights.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll give that a shot.

I agree with Stephen. Go to the Troop Roster page and look for an adult leader who is listed as a “Troop Admin”. The troop’s Scoutmaster, Committee Chair, and Chartered Org. Rep. should be default Troop Admins, but there could be others.

It looks like a Troop Admin designated you as a Patrol Admin. A Troop Admin can reset your connections to the Scouts in your patrol. Ask a Troop Admin to:

1. Go to the Troop Roster page.
  2. Click on your name.
  3. Click on your Patrol Admin role.
  4. Click on Update.

I would also add to have them check that the parent box is checked on your connection to your child.

1 Like

Are you logging in with your email address or my.scouting username and password. You should be using the latter.

Another good point. All registered leaders should be logging in with myst accounts and/or should be prompted to do so. If not with MYST credentials then there are two accounts present.

I have a similar problem. I’m a newbee to Scoutbook, have created an account for myself, but cannot add a child to my profile, and thus cannot use the app. Any thoughts?