Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

I cannot find a new scout on my roster

I had a new scout application approved but he is not on my roster. His mother is not showing up either but they received my pack email that I sent through scoutbook. I have tried transferring him but it is saying he isn’t found.

Does a Key 3 see them in Member manager on my.scouting.org? It takes about 24 hours for them to sync sometimes

They are in my completed application report. The app was accepted on August 21.

Also I am assuming I am a Key 3? I am the membership coordinator.

The membership manager is not part of the Key 3. The Key 3 is the Chartered Organization Rep, the Committee Chair, and the Cubmaster. You need one of those three people to check the roster in my.scouting.org.

I will have one of them check. Thanks so much!

Your Key 3 (Cubmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep.) could use the Organization Security Manager at my.scouting.org and add you as a Key 3 Delegate, which would allow you access to the Member Manager and more. (Please note that functional roles like Key 3 Delegate expire at the end of each charter year and have to be redesignated after the unit recharters.)

1 Like

One of the unit Key 3 can designate you in the Membership Inquiry position at my.scouting in the Organizational Security Manager. Like other non-Key 3 roles in the OSM, this must be manually reapproved after ever recharter season.

1 Like

How are you registered? It might help with my.Scouting tool access if you are registered as a unit New Member Coordinator (position code NM) instead of a unit committee member.

More: https://scoutingwire.org/marketing-and-membership-hub/councils/new-member-coordinator/

I have a question I did not see addressed yet, where is the Scout missing from the roster? If the email through Scoutbook was received, it sounds like there is a connection there. When Scouts are added by the sync they come in not in a Den and need to have the membership updated with “Assign Den” by someone with the Pack Admin position (the dual key icon).

1 Like

The scout is not visible anywhere in my pack scoutbook. I am waiting to hear back from his den leader but he may have been there and then disappeared. I never saw him in there and he is not on the email list which is why I was confused by how mom received the email but I don’t see him. I transferred a new scout to his den just this morning so I know that part is working at least.

go to My Account > My Connection > look for scout there - if found loo at the Scouts memberships - is your unit listed in past memberships? Click on the membership and look at notes field - does it say something like AKELA dropped and a date - or 60 day and a date?

2 Likes

He is not listed in my connections.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.