ILST entered into Scoutbook but trained strip not showing for youth

I was able to enter ILST training for the youth that attended. Great!
However the trained strip is not showing up in the youth’s overview page.

Per 33066_Training_Awards_WEB.pdf, attending the ILST should entitle the youth in SPL, PL, and other troop positions to be considered trained.

Our troop policy has always been that even younger scouts who do not hold an office, but have been through ILST are entitiled to wear the trained patch as well, as an encouragement to attend the training.

1 Like

Charles, did you ever get an answer? I also entered the trained status for my scouts last year, but now cannot remember where / how to do it. I also cannot figure out how to generate a report that shows everyone who is trained. Any help?

Its like ILST disappeared. lol

Having the “Trained” emblem show up for Scouts would be a new feature request. The request is in the backlog, but I do not know when it might be worked on.

Units can add ILST training for their own youth at my.scouting.org. An adult with access to the Training Manager there can add the training by:

1. Going to the Training Manager
  2. Click on Add/Search
  3. Select the program (Scouts BSA).
  4. Select the course (ILST).
  5. Select the date.
  6. Select the members by adding a first name or last name and then Search.

Is there any status update on this? It would be helpful to keep track which of our scouts have completed the course, and which still need to take it.

Notice is was a few feature request. Those will be announced in the change log, rarely, if ever, will you get a mid-process status update. So, don’t count on it.

It seems like the priority is BIG bugs, small features, small bugs, big features, and nice to have features.

@GoodloeWhite

All training is tracked by my.scouting.org, not Scoutbook. I don’t know if unit Key 3 can add ILST to a Scout’s record via my.scouting.org or not. If not, you will need to get your council staff to open an enhancement request with BSA IT via the internal ticket process.

Yes, as can Key 3 Delegates. At least as of last month, anyway. :⁠^⁠)

The request is to reflect the ILST, like for adult training, in Scoutbook under the position patch for Youth.

There is an item in the backlog to add the trained patch to Scout’s profiles but given the plan to move functionality to the IA code base, I doubt we will see this in the Scoutbook interface as it has been in the backlog for multiple years.

1 Like

@GoodloeWhite If you have access to the Training Manager at my.scouting, then there are a couple Report options that might work:

Youth Report - Lists youth members and their training (all training).
Specific Training Course Report - You can specify the course, and the report will return all members who have completed it (even if they are adults now)

2 Likes

@GoodloeWhite Another report option is to use Roster Builder (different from Report Builder).

Select the Scouts and “Show Training”.

2 Likes