Incorrect email address

I have a leader with an incorrect email address.
I found out that I could change the address on the Roster page of my.scouting.org and assume it will sync at some point, but would like confirmation.

it will not sync but we can help you fix it - I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

Related question. I’m a council administrator, and when I download the report listing all of my users I see that I have 133 individuals with the email address of changeyouremail@scoutbook.com or changemyemail@scoutbook.com

If there’s a way to fix this en mass, I’d love to try. Some of these folks have logged in within the last few days, so they must be using SSO from My.Scouting, but how many people are we losing because they can’t get in to their accounts?

Also, why does the system sometimes use one address over the other? changemyemail is evenly split between youth and adult accounts (28 vs. 27), but changeyouremail has more than three times as many adults as youth (19 vs. 59)

@KennethAdams - I did experience the change my email thing once with a tiger adult partner that became the den leader and it was via submitted applications. If I recall correctly the youth app and adult app were either in the same envelope or within the same month but a difference in name or time lapse duplicated the adult. The issue comes down to data entry either on the council side or the my.scouting side. We know that MYST will create the MID but for a novice us it easy enough for them to match an existing instance of their name?

@KennethAdams if they are loggin in they can change their own email in Edit Profile as long as the email is not already in the system (which it probably is)

@DonovanMcNeil that only applies to about 13 of 133 folks.

Both of which are odd numbers so this will require some manual intervention. The whole multiple accounts per person thing is just nutty.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.