Internet Advancement file upload in pending status for over 12 hours

We are off! And do we know it, not just because the world is yelling ‘Liftoff’ in our ears, but because the seats of our pants tell us so! Trust your instruments, not your body, the modern pilot is always told, but this beast is best felt. Shake, rattle and roll!"

Research that quote… :slight_smile:

I have also been having this issue-one I uploaded this morning still pending. I re-uploaded 20 min. ago (4:15pm CST) so will wait and see. I wanted to get my MID # in the queue in case it is still happening.

BSA ID-113662504

@ErinLee did you delete the pending one? That is important

Yes, before the new upload, even made sure to close out and go back in before uploading again to make sure to refresh the page. Do I need to do it again or do you think it was after the fix was made

if you uploaded 20 mins ago I think you are good

Just completed… thank you for your assistance!!!

Completed. How do I now print an advancement report? Or see what uploaded?

@ErinLee - see - https://help.scoutbook.scouting.org/knowledge-base/upload-file-print-report-for-scout-shop-in-internet-advancement-2-0/

Thank you! Realized the problem is on my end (I chose wrong dates for export) so when it finally uploaded it was duplicate info which is why I did not see anything new.

Ran a new report, uploading now. I appreciate your help and the quick responses!!

Where do I cancel a pending file upload? I keep getting this message and cannot upload summer camp achievements from Camp Rotary, MI: Due to an encountered error, please be sure to cancel any remaining pending files and re-upload them for processing.

Troop 1022 B - Michigan Crossroads Council

@RyanLaMirand - are you uploading a file from the camp itself?

Yes - a CSV file they sent. I tried uploading it and it didn’t process, but now I keep getting this error.

@RyanLaMirand - is this a Black Pug file or something else ? If Black Pub, please use the Chrome Feature Assistant add in. If not Black pug, please stop.

The black pug file only works within scoutbook and NOT IA. And any other import file will NOT WORK IN IA.

I don’t know if its a Black Pub or not. Its my first time loading advancement from summer camp for the troop as Advancement Chair. 1) how do I cancel in IA the current pending file upload that isn’t working and 2) where in scoutbook would I upload the file if not in IA? I know the previous advancement chair for the troop was able to upload this way several years ago when we went to this camp. With almost 40 scouts and a week of advancement it would be a lot to manually enter.

@RyanLaMirand - for future reference

Ryan,

Internet Advancement uses a txt file, not a csv file. I suspect what you have is from Black Pug (Scoutingevent). If this is the case it can only be uplodaed by the the volunteer written and supported Feature Assistant Extension for Scoutbook for Chrome and Firefox. See Feature Assistant - What is it? for details.

You will need to log in to Scoutbook, not Internet Advancement, then go to My Dashboard → Administration → → Import Black Pug Data. This needs to be done by a unit admin in Scoutbook.

Thanks - huge help! Seams to be working. For IA, how do I cancel the attempt to upload the Black Pug file to make this error go away? I don’t see any menu to cancel a file import in IA

@RyanLaMirand - I would trust that the file process will fail. And if it fails then no negative result or impact on unit data.

There are instructions in how to do so in this post:

Thanks @CharleyHamilton - I was trying to find that.

1 Like