Internet Recharter 2.0 - adding new adult members

In the sandbox, when trying to add a new adult member, the system does not seem to allow upload of a zip file containing the adult application (with CBC), YPT cert., Photo ID and state required CORI form. The upload application block only accepts a single document (e.g. a .pdf of the application). It won’t allow adding the new member without the application, but won’t accept the additional documents in a .zip file. This seems to make adding a new adult member during the recharter process very difficult as the additional documents would need to be sent to the council office separately before the new adult can be processed - if you must do this, why not send the adult application in that way. Is this a system design, or is there some bug in the sandbox? Not at all sure who to ask as council registrar training on the new system has not yet occurred.
You can add .zip files to existing adults (e.g. those who need YPT or CBC update), but once you add the application to a new member, you can’t add any additional documents.
Based on what I know now, I plan to recommend that units NOT use the recharter process to add new adults - add them “manually” through the council office.

Have you tried combining them into one document and adding that?

It has been my recommendation to my district units to add adults in the usual fashion before doing the online recharter as well.

Thanks, combining all items to a single .pdf works - the issue is that the national training materials are advocating use of .zip folders for multiple documents, which does not work.

I am also having a problem working in the sandbox. When I try and add a pdf containing the information for adding an adult member, I get an error that says not allowed.

@TommyDeweese - I am not certain that the sandbox is the best place to do actual recharter work.

The sandbox has been decommissioned for public use. Any work for your recharter should be done in the real system.

I am using Recharter 2.0 online. It is probably not the best place to do actual recharter work either. It will not allow any uploads and it will not allow marking of multiple registrations since it does not see the pack. Sorry for the confusion, it is not the sandbox, it is Recharter 2.0.

1 Like

When is/was your charter due?

When you say “see the pack” this is a pack that the member you want to multiple from?

My personal advice is work the multiples afterwards if you are past due.

Unless they have fixed it, you could only attach documents to a person one time. Are you finding you can’t do that?

Our Charter is due February 28th, but the District has asked that they be completed and turned in by Feb. 3rd.

When I select manage members, you should be able to click on them and then select multiple registrations. This works, but before you finish, you have to select the unit where they are a multiple registered. We have adults registered with the Pack (deadline was 12-31 and they met this, filed and paid) and with the Boy Troop, all with the same Chartering Organization. When I go to select the unit, our Chartering Organization is not shown in the drop down list. When I type directly the Pack number it does not accept. It does not list (see) our Chartering Organization.

Not sure how to work the multiples after as the on-line process is setting up everyone to pay full freight and is asking for payment.

I only have one person to add. All of the documents are in a single pdf but when I try to upload it I get an error and it will not accept the upload of even a single document.

I think you have three options:

1. Leave them off your charter and add them after recharter season ends.
  2. Select a different unit for the multiple. Supposedly, there’s no validation. Although, I have to believe your council registrar will be checking it eventually. So, maybe clear this option with them.
  3. Wait for the fix. IT has told me this is a top priority fix, but that was a couple weeks ago.

You have some time to wait for the fix, and I suspect you aren’t the only one with this issue in your council.

1 Like