Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Invited parent with connection to scout cannot see scout on login

I have invited the parent who is connected to scout as Parent. They logged in to their account (also verified by time of login on roster listing). They see nothing under their “My Dashboard”, no scout or troop is listed.
The scouts account and connection shows them as a parent with full control. I had him reset account password , relogin but it did not fix the issue.
How can i open an issue for this problem?

@NickySandhu I have sent you a private message for more information.

I am having the same problem. My children don’t show up in scoutbook. I’ve verified that I am the parent that they are connected to in the Council. Please let me know what to do.

Thanks!

How long ago did they register for/transfer into their current unit? I wonder if it’s some sort of synchronization delay. It’s also possible that their paperwork hasn’t hit yet, and so they’re not yet listed in the unit.

I would start by checking with your unit leader (Scoutmaster, Cubmaster, etc) to see if they show you as connected to your scouts in Scoutbook. If not, they should be able to invite you to connect by searching for you by the email that you use to log into Scoutbook. They should not create a new Scoutbook account for you, which would cause more issues. There are more details on how to connect a parent here: https://help.scoutbook.com/knowledge-base/setting-up-parent-accounts/

If they do show you as connected, you may have multiple Scoutbook accounts for some reason (e.g. name mismatch due to a full name on the application form but a nickname used in the Scoutbook account). Ask the unit leader to provide you with the email address, BSA ID number and AdultUserID associated with that connection. You will likely need all of that information to help get that resolved. It may require intervention from council if you have multiple Scoutbook accounts. If they have questions about how to get that information, please point them to the discussion groups (or let us know in this thread) and we can help out some more with diagnosis.

@IvanChirolla It looks like a Pack Admin in your pack needs to reset your parent connections.

Here’s how a Pack Admin does that.
The Pack Admin needs to:

1. Go to the Pack Roster page in Scoutbook.
  2. Clicks on your child’s name.
  3. Clicks on your name under “Parents / Guardians”
  4. Makes sure the box is checked next to “Parent/Guardian”
  5. Click Update

Repeat for your other children.

1 Like

Hello Charley:

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards

Hello Jennifer:

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.