Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.

Scouting Forums

Is it possible to link my old scout records to scoutbook so I can see them?

This is more a novelty, or for simplicity sake, and not really a need. I wondered if there is an mechanism to find and link old records from when I was a scout so I can see my old awards and advancements in the system as well? It would be nice to be able to see dates and tenure, etc, as well as verify awards if need be, without having to call the council.

Just curious if this type of functionality is even possible.

Are you a volunteer in the same council as you were a scout?

1 Like

I’m a volunteer, and I’m not sure how to answer the council question. I grew up in the Detroit area council. Apparently the Detroit area Council subsequently merged with the Clinton Valley Council, and became the Great Lakes Council; but then a few years later the BSA reorganized all the Michigan Michigan councils into the Michigan Crossroads Council, and the Great Lakes Service Council falls within that. My current pack, for which I’m the the den leader for my son, is in the Water and Woods Service Council, which is also with the Michigan Crossroads Council. So this new organizational structure is confusing to me, and it’s been 20 years since I got my eagle and aged out, so a lot had changed.

Hmmm, I’m not sure either. If you were in the same council, I was going to suggest that you get your volunteer registration under the same bsa member number as you had as a youth. You might try calling your council service center or registrar to see if that’s possible or not. If it were me, I’d do that whether the next piece is doable or not.

The other thing is that I’m not sure whether Scoutbook would then have advancement records that far back. My guess is not, but I’ll ask around.

I suppose to find my BSA member number from when I was a youth I would probably need to call the current service council that corresponds to my old Council? Seems most likely?

That sounds right. They’d be most likely to have your records. You could also ask them how far back they have electronic advancement records.

1 Like

I called the office today. I was told the electronic records probably don’t go back that far, but I was told to email them as much information as I could and they would look into it for me. I sent the email of with the year I got eagle, my troop, and previous troop and pack i had belonged too. They were all in the old Detroit Area Council, and are now party of the Great Lakes Area Service Council, so I’m hoping that office can come up with something for me.

1 Like