Leader Login Problem

This is out first year using Scout Book. One of my den leaders has two BSA Member IDs, the one that she sees when she goes to my.scouting.org and the one that is listed on our charter/scout book. In August, I put in a ticket to have her two accounts merged. After this was completed, she had the correct access to Scout Book. This week she lost her access. When I look at her profile in Scout Book, it lists her BSA # that is not associated with our charter. If I try and add her as a new leader, I find her listed with an email address of changeyouremail@scoutbook.com. When I try and change the email to send the invite I get “This email address already exists under another account”. Any thoughts on what I should try.

Thanks.

Ask her to log in at my.scouting.org and click on:

Menu → Legacy Web Tools → Manage Member ID

Have her add the BSA Member ID that you see on your charter (the one that is missing) and make it “Primary”.

I had her try that and she got a SharePoint error message. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I have an image of it, but I don’t see how to attach. She has tried both Chrome and IE.

Clearing cache can sometimes help with that.

@JustinPatch to attach you just drop it in the text screen

@JustinPatch - was the leader trying to access that within the same browser session as scoutbook ?

The leader was finally able to set the BSA Member # listed on our charter as her Primary. Once she did this she is still unable to log in to Scout Book. Any ideas?

Thanks.

It took a bit for my BSA ID merge to propagate through the system when I merged my old ID and my new one. I’d give it at least 24-48 hours to see if everything updates, since I’m not sure how many asynchronous updates have to occur anymore.

She set her BSA ID as primary last week Thursday. When she tried to log in to ScoutBook this morning, she gets a popup that tells her to “Please login using your my.scouting username and password.”

That sounds like progress. :slight_smile: That’s the standard for leaders, or anyone else who has a my.scouting account (e.g. adults who are MBCs).

Was she able to log in to Scoutbook with her my.scouting credentials?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.