Leader on roster not able to be added as DL

Hi all, received an issue from a leader and looking for some assistance. Leader goes to Den and selects add leader, can find user in the system (14778532) but after clicking submit, shows attached image. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Currently do not have access to VST and we are between registrars. Leader has email in my.Scouting.

(removed by Moderator)

@ColeMitchell that is fixed

Thanks so much! Should they attempt to add him as a leader again?

They can = or there is a sync set to bring in position - then they need to assign den

@DonovanMcNeil thanks for the help, I will have them try again after 24 hours to be safe.

@DonovanMcNeil one last question from the unit leader - see attached redacted

screenshot

@ColeMitchell it sounds like duplicate accounts - provide the MIDs or SB User IDs and we can look

It does sound that way; I don’t have VST access at the moment to check SB IDs and only one member ID shows in my.Scouting. I’ll try to work the solution offline, thanks for your help!

with one MID you should be able to find both in VST

Understood, thanks! I’ll work with our office to access VST again. We’re between registrars and office managers currently.

@ColeMitchell Is this the same person that you provided the BSA member ID for earlier in this thread (BSA 14778532)?

That person did have 2 Scoutbook accounts, I have merged them.

He also has 2 BSA MIDs in 2 councils, and his parent / child “Relationships” are under the wrong MID. When you get a new Registrar, please ask them to use the Registrar Tools to look up his child (or children). In the “Relationships” tab / section, this user needs to be listed as parent only under his primary BSA MID in your council (BSA 14778532). He needs to be removed if listed as parent under any other BSA numbers. Otherwise, we will most likely have to fix his accounts again at the next Recharter.

Please ask this user to log in with his my.Scouting username – not his e-mail address.

@JenniferOlinger it was, thanks so much! I will work with our new registrar when we get one. I will also attempt to make those changes locally in the meantime with who we have. Our council will not be able to edit the membership associated with an MID in another council so I will find out from him what council that could be. Thanks again!

@ColeMitchell They just need to use the Registrar Tools to look up the child. They can change the child’s “Relationships” using those tools. The child is registered in Hawk Mountain, so they will be able to change the parent / child “Relationships”.

@JenniferOlinger understood, thanks! I may have access as well through “read only”. Appreciate the help!

1 Like

Final follow up to this for anyone monitoring - leader is inquiring if “clean old connections” would remove “duplicate” adult (see reference image)

@ColeMitchell No, it won’t. Your screenshoot suggests that J.M.has a duplicate Scoutbook account (userID).

Are they still seeing this today? I merged his Scout accounts yesterday.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.