Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Limit number of scouts that can rsvp for an event

I figured out how to create an event on the calendar and invite scouts but I want to limit the event to 5 scouts. How do I do that?

There is not currently a way to limit time or number of RSVPs. However, you can “fake around” the time limit by turning off RSVPs. more details in a discussion here:

thank you. I have created a sign up genius page and put the link into the description. Not ideal but I need to limit number of scouts at an event per charter organization. If scoutbook adds this feature I would be much happier! thanks again for replying to me

1 Like

I know folks have asked for the ability to limit sign-ups to a certain number and/or to a certain timeframe before. That might be somewhere on the development timeline, but nothing has been published that I am aware of.

Deborah,

If there is a limit, explain that in the sign up details. Instruct the unit to check how many people are signed up, and to post a comment to the event if they want to be wait-listed.

Check back frequently and record current sign ups in a Comment you post yourself. When you hit the limit, start a wait list.

Yes, extra work. I would love to see a sign up limit feature, but see that as way down on a priority list.

Happy Scouting

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.