Looking for parent YPT status report

Matt, I realize that BSA has a record of everyone who has taken YPT. To take YPT, an adult has to create a login and profile. Until my.scouting asks the question “do you have a child currently registered in Scouting” and provides drop downs indicating council name and unit type and number, I don’t see how a report listing non-registered parents can be generated.

On the other hand, it’s been such a long time since I created the my.scouting account, perhaps that question is being asked these days.

Go the other way. Every Scout has a connected parent that is associated with the unit. You would “crawl” all Scouts, their associated parents, and see if they have YPT.

There is a linkage, as Matt suggests, and a request has been made to add a parent YPT report. When a Scout is registered, the application includes a parent field, or if online, it is automatic.

I do not know if or when the report would be created and made available. Until then, the extension report is working.

4 Likes

I got the report to load this morning!!! Thank you so much. It’s a beautiful thing!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.