Marking Scouts Attendance within an Event with Requirements Previously Added Does Not Update Requirements for those Scouts as Completed

1. Create an Event in the Scoutbook Calendar.
  2. Add Requirements to the event.
  3. Save.
  4. After the event has occurred, mark the scouts who attended the event within the event.
  5. The requirements set for the event do not update to be completed within each of the attending scout’s accounts.
1 Like

Planned Advancements is just a planning tool - it is not supposed to function the way you are describing

This isn’t a bug. The Scoutbook calendar was not designed to automatically mark advancement items as completed. There are several reasons for this: 1) Some advancement requirements take more than one meeting to complete, 2) Scouts sometimes arrive late / leave early, so attendance does not always equal completion, 3) Some Scouts might be present but do not complete the requirements for some other reason.

1 Like

@JenniferOlinger Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the new Den Leader Experience mark advancement items completed with attendance? The reasons you stated are in line with what people have been complaining about in regards to the lack of flexibility.

Yes, I was referring to the Scoutbook calendar - not the Den Leader Experience.

I understand that you were referring to the Scoutbook calendar and not the DLE. I’m just saying that the arguments that are used against the Scoutbook calendar doing this can be directly applied to the DLE, but the DLE does do this.

Yes, we have requested more flexibility with the DLE calendar.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.