Merge Request for Adult Scouter with Multiple Council BSA Member IDs

I’ve been working with an adult whose primary registration is as an ASM with a unit in my council for a couple of months.

[Name removed by Moderator for privacy] BSA Member # 115106889 also has two registrations with the Montana Council as he was on camp staff a couple of years ago and also is registered as a merit badge counselor with that council.

I attempted to have him merge his accounts using the Manage Member ID tools, but his record in my council still does not reflect the accumulation of training, membership, etc.

He provided me with one BSA member ID from Montana (137128762 associated with Ship 2303), but could not provide me with the other.

Would you be able to locate his other Montana account and merge all accounts to his Greater Wyoming-Longs Peak Council account which would then bring things properly to Scoutbook?

Thanks and regards,
Lou Leopold
Assistant Council Commissioner - Training
Greater Wyoming - Longs Peak Council #62, BSA

I only find 2 BSA member numbers for this adult. I have temporarily made his other BSA number “primary” to try and get his training to copy over. Sometimes it can take a while.

@LouLeopold

Also, there is no e-mail in the Scoutbook account listed for your Council. He should log in to Scoutbook using his my.scouting.org ID while MID 115106889 is primary, go to My Dashboard → Administration → My Account → E-Mail and add his address.

He is not currently registered with the ship. We can easily merge his Scoutbook accounts so that he only has one. Let us know.

I really appreciate the work done. Alex has been notified to verify and update his profiles in my.scouting and Scoutbook.

Here’s another one that just came in. It might be a similar situation. An adult with multiple council MIDs that need review and merged to their Greater Wyoming-Longs Peak Council MID as required.

Name: [Name removed by Moderator for privacy]
MID: 13858863 - Greater Wyoming - Longs Peak Council
Previous registrations (may be inactive):
MID 130579095 - Transatlantic Council
MID 133196155 - Gulf Coast Council
MID 136930109 - National Capital Area Council

She states she has an active my.scouting account and I instructed her on the use of Manage Member ID, but she’s getting “the provided member ID does not match the existing user profile” when attempting to add her current MID so I suspect something in her my.scouting profile may be different than her council registration (middle name issue)?

In any event, any insight and resolution you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Yours in Commissioner service,
Lou Leopold
Assistant Council Commissioner - Training
Greater Wyoming - Longs Peak Council #62, BSA

Hi,

Could I please have the following accounts merged:
137087843 (primary) with 128747300

Thank you

@NicolasRietsch I am looking in to this for you.

@NicolasRietsch Everything should be good now.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hi @LouLeopold did you get a response on this?

Trying to merge two member ids . Currently C.M. 135181662 works but no longer a member of that council. Would like to have training information visible for current council which is Susquehanna Council 131784225. When we try to add that member Id on Myscouting we get the error message that the provided Member ID does not match the existing user profile. Been trying to fix this for months.

@ElizabethDeroba

The reason you can’t put both MIDs on your my.scouting.org account, is because the day of birth is different.

131784225 has 27
135181662 has 28

As the Council with the incorrect date to fix it then you will be able to add the 2nd MID to your primary my.scouting.org account and training will merge.

The 28th is correct I would appreciate it if it is able to be edited at your end. If not I will contact the council.

The SUAC folks can’t fix DOB info. It has to be done through the council where the error exists.

Hi! I’ve been on Scoutbook for years with the Member ID: [14226799].

We just helped charter a new Cub Scout Pack, and I was inadvertently given another ID: [12236679].

Is it possible to merge them, with [14226799] being the ID I keep? Both are in the Crossroads of the West 590 Council.

Thanks so much for your help!
Christina Borrowman

You ended up with a new BSA Member ID because 12236679 where you are registered as a Cubmaster does not include your middle name but 14226799 where you are a Tiger Cub Adult does.

We can merge your Scoutbook accounts but because both numbers contain active registrations, you should first contact your Council and have them move your Tiger Cub Adult registration from 14226799 to 12236679.

I have switched your Member ID on your my.scouting.org so that 12236679 is primary. This will log you in to the correct Scoutbook account.

Note the e-mail addresses on your two Member IDs om Akela (the peson database) start with a t while the e-mail address in my.scouting.org starts with a g. You will also want to get the correct e-mail address on all of your accounts.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

Could you please change it so that my original ID (14226799) is the primary, rather than the new one (12236679). The new one doesn’t have any of my past scouting positions and roles!

Thank you, Christina Borrowman

Your original MID is 12236679 and has positions going back to 2006 when you were a Den Leader and is where you are currently registered as a Cubmaster. The new MID is 14226799 and only has you lusted as a Tiger Adult Partner.

I have merged the Scoutbook accounts but you still need to contact your Council to get your Tiger Adult Partner registration moved to MID 12236679

You also need to go to My Account → E-Mail in Scoutbook and verify your e-mail address. It does not match the address in Akela.

Hello, can I please get assistance merging my Member IDs connected with my Scoutbook Account - Gulf Coast Council 773, MID 133465182, is currently set as primary and holds all connections to registered Pack/Troop, Scouts, and Positions in both, needs to be under Alamo Area Council 583 MID 136343625 as this is the Council I am with and current ID my training should be under now. Thanks!

@BrittanyDeusenberry I am looking in to this.

@BrittanyDeusenberry This should be fixed.