Multiple ID's

I am a Assistant Council Commissioner - I work my registrat to resolve ReChartering issues:
I have (2) problems to be resolved.
Problem#1: BSA ID 13112549 - Connected to current YPT certification
BSA ID(2) 12528480 - These ID’s needs to be merged.

Problem#2 BSA ID 13702272 -Connected to current YPT certification
BSA ID(2) 100637056 - These ID’s needs to be merged.

MIDs cannot be merged - they can be managed - Users can log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials

@VernonSmith1 both of those are fixed - Training should merge to primary over the day

Thank You !

Vernon J. Smith | Assistant Council Commissioner - Communications - Re-Chartering - Safe Scouting Champion

Got It !

Vernon J. Smith | Assistant Council Commissioner - Communications - Re-Chartering - Safe Scouting Champion

Hello, I have been unable to get Scoutbook to correctly transfer in a Cub Scout. Scoutbook seems to assign the Scout a new BSA number instead of the one assigned to them on our roster.
Please advise or help me fix this as I have been unable to update his account since he enrolled with us.
Currently, Scoutbook shows the BSA ID # as 12979701. It should be BSA#14355690 according to my roster.
Thank you for your help!

@JulieTreasurer

Those BSA Member IDs belong to 2 different people in different councils, one with initials ZL and the other with initials TLRC.

I’m sorry I don’t quite understand what you mean but I will clarify what I know as best I can. TLRC was transferred in from out of council. The individual TLRC is assigned on our My.Scouting.org roster the BSA # 14355690 but is showing in Scoutbook as 12979701. The message in Scoutbook reads as follows “TLRC has not been matched with a Scout in your Units official roster. Please check with your council.”
I checked with my council, the only response I received was that My.scouting roster is the official record. I don’t have any idea about the individual ZL.

@JulieTreasurer I was able to find the Scout. He has an open membership with his old / former pack.

I have added him back to your pack. You will want to check his Memberships and add an end date with the former pack.

It also looks like this Scout has 4 Scoutbook userIDs. Let me know when you are ready, and I can merge them.

@JulieTreasurer I have merged the Scout’s Scoutbook accounts (userIDs).

You will still need to go to T’s Membership page in Scoutbook and end his membership with the former pack.

@JulieTreasurer

Jennifer has already fixed the accounts, however, I did look into the confusion with the member IDs. In your original post, you provided one SB User ID and one BSA Member ID but indicated both were BSA Member IDs. There is substantial overlap in the numbers so we need to search the correct field to find the individuals.

Whenever someone moves councils, they are assigned a new BSA Member ID. This is why you see 2 different numbers for TLRC. Jennifer is correct that the old council should end his membership so that future changes in that record do not get pushed to Scoutbook and cause his BSA Member ID on his account in Scoutbook to switch.

Thank you both for your help. His account looks correct and I was able to end his membership at his former unit.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have a question for the forum. Recently I was asked how to prevent multiple id’s in the future. Example. I have a youth that just received his Eagle Scout rank. He is now (18)yrs old. The unit he belongs to wishes to make him a JASM.
He has a BSA id as a youth. His next step is to take the mandatory(adult) Youth Protection training. How do we avoid getting a second BSA ID?

BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
Laurel Highlands Council - NST #12
29 Taylor Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
P (412) 922-2142 | C (412) 925-9353

@VernonSmith1 well JASM (Junior Assistant Scout Master) is a Youth position, Like SPL, not an Adult (+18) position. The 18 year old could be a UCSR (Unit College Scouter Reserve) - that needs an Adult App and Background check - on the Adult App include the Existing BSA # for reference

@VernonSmith1 Does the 18-year-old have a my.scouting account? If not, he should create an account so that he can take the online Youth Protection Training.

When creating an account, the key is to use the same name (no nicknames) and DOB as is already in the system. He already has a BSA member number, so the goal is to connect to that number when creating his account.

As Donovan said, JASM is a youth position.

As an 18-year-old adult leader in a troop, he can register as an Assistant Scoutmaster or as a Unit College Scouter Reserve. All of the other troop positions for adult leaders are for ages 21+.

Got It !

BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
Laurel Highlands Council - NST #12
29 Taylor Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
P (412) 922-2142 | C (412) 925-9353