Multiple parents not able to "invite xxx to connect"

Hi All,
I am trying to get my troop setup to be able to use ScoutBook for communications. I am running into multiple parents, who I have given the link: Scoutbook Tutorial for Parents (SB) - Scoutbook Knowledge Base
They do not see the “invite xxx to connect” at the bottom of their sons “edit Profile”. I am able to, but my son, is having issues with signing in, this last part is a different issue, and I will try to walk my son thru that.

Thank you,
Steven Stuart
ScoutMaster Troop 60

Usually, that means that either the adult isn’t connected as a parent, or the scout already has been invited to connect.

Do the scouts having issues appear in the potential recipient list in the Scoutbook Send Message interface?

I have looked at 2 scouts, their parents are connected to them as their parent (top checkbox is checked) for both scouts parents. Neither Scout is showing as someone, I can send a message to directly (so far there are only 5 out of 62 who I can message).

On the other part, I was able to get my son logged in, but now it is having an issue with “Setup SSO”. It is requiring a password, but my son, uses the “google login button”. So it is erroring on that. What can we do here. I logged into his account, to try to change his password, but that does not seem to be an option, probably, because he set it up to be “google login” any ideas?

@StevenStuart what is son’s BSA#?

@StevenStuart also what happens if trying to login with google to my.scouting.org?

My son’s BSA# is 133681421. When he logs into my.scouting.org clicking the google account it works. I tried for 30 minutes to reset the password, and that kept telling me to use the google credentials which I did not really see that until, I really read that one message, and then he was in, but inside his profile nor account could I find a way to set or change a password.

Thank you,
Steven Stuart

yes I have passed this to developers

1 Like

Where are we on the issue of the parents not able to “invite” their son’s?

Can you provide the bsa member number of a couple of the scouts whose parents can’t invite them? No names are needed, but the parent initials could help so we are looking for the right parent.

Scout BSA# 136943034 - parent A.W.
Scout BSA# 131809586 - parent J.F.

Both scouts have logged in within the past day, but neither have an email in the Scoutbook system. I’ll talk to others about this.

They have all logged into my.scouting.org, but not sure that they have logged into ScoutBook, but they may have. I can see if they can log into ScoutBook, but how would they add their email, assuming that they can get in. Or do they need to add an email to their my.scouting.org, if they can, and where would they do that?

Thank you,
Steven Stuart

They already have emails on my.scouting. They may be able to add their email addresses to scoutbook the same way you would: my dashboard > administration > my account > email.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.