MyScouting - IOLS does not appear

When I go to MyTraining is shows that I completed BALOO & IOLS trainings. However, when I go to the MyScouting app, under profile it shows BALOO Trained under CubMaster, but does not show IOLS Trained under Troop. Howe do I fix this

1 Like

My training webtool

The primary access to completed training is via https://my.scouting.org/

My training tool in app

The myScouting app is another tool to access training records. I am using Android version 6.3.11 per the operating system (the app About display is showing “version null build null”, which appears to be a separate bug.).

Which myScouting app are you using under which operating system?

Displayed training records

In the version of the myScouting app I am using:

• “My Training > My Completions” shows all my completed training grouped by year completed.
  • “My Training > Requirements” shows required individual courses and training modules for my currently registered positions only.

What are your currently registered positions?

2022-06-21-B

Hi Bill,
When I go to my.scouting.org and look at completed training it does list BALOO and IOLS training completed. However, I am using my.Scouting app version 6.2.11 build 1138. That list Trained (for BALOO) next to Assistant Cubmaster. However, next to Troop it does not display Trained (for IOLS). I know I completed both trainings, however, trying to make this place better at the end of the day if the MyScouting app has a bug, or I need to make some update somewhere where Trained is displayed.

@Gary_T

IOLS is only required training for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters. Since you are registered as a Committee Member, I suspect it is not showing IOLS here.

I have a second theory. Because IOLS is required training for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters, they don’t show IOLS specifically because the Trained patch that is displayed encompasses it. BALOO is optional training for Cub Scout leaders so it is displayed.

Should BALOO be included as an optional module?

Some positions have optional modules that are listed. I suspect to be listed it would need to be added to the basic leader training requirement document.

BALOO is apparently not required for basic leader training. However:

More about BALOO training

BALOO stands for Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation. It’s the introductory training Cub Scout leaders should complete before taking Cub Scouts on an overnight camping trip. … The BSA requires that you have at least one BALOO-trained adult on every Cub Scout den or pack overnight outdoor event. That include pack camping and Webelos den overnighters.

per “Taking your pack or den camping? At least one adult must take BALOO training first - BALOO: A quick guide to the Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation”, https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2018/03/28/what-is-baloo-a-quick-look-at-this-crucial-outdoor-training-for-cub-scout-leaders/, By Bryan Wendell, March 28, 2018, Scouting magazine

2022-06-21-B

I recall there was a request to specifically add an indication for Baloo training since it is required to have a Baloo trained leader present if camping with Cub Scouts.

Hi, while IOLS is only required for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters, Trained should appear for anyone who successfully completed the IOLS training.

The “Trained” patch has to do with position-specific training. IOLS is part of the position-specific training for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters. IOLS is not part of position-specific training for Committee Members.

I do not know why they are including BALOO. It should appear under “Completions”, but not “Requirements”. It is not part of position-specific training.