Need to edit date of advancement

I am also having a similar issue. BSA ID# 134188159. The “Marked Completed” Date is 1/12/22, but the Leader approved date is somehow “completed Jan 12, 2021”. This looks like an error putting in the Board of Review Date, but it seems like it should not have taken that value.

I am now unable to change this and mark the rank as being awarded. I can neither correct the BoR date or the Leader approved date for the rank (second class). It still allowed him to progress through First Class as normal. I think we must have hit a glitch and it needs to be corrected.

-Adam

@AdamCurrier Is this what you are seeing?

Scout: 3/27/2021
Tenderfoot: 9/8/2021
Second Class: 1/12/2021
First Class: 6/29/2022

What is the Scout’s Second Class board of review date supposed to be?

BOR/Rank Completion dates lock when the following rank is approved so that tenure is not violated. You will need to unapprove First Class then you will be able to change the date on Second Class.

1 Like

Also, if all requirements for a rank are checked off, then they will “roll up” and mark the rank as completed overall.

I would recommend starting with First Class: pick a requirement with no sub-requirements (like the Scoutmaster conference) and mark it as not Completed / not Approved. After you mark one requirement as not Completed / not Approved, then you should be able to undo the overall Completion / Approval. You might also need to undo the board of review requirement.

After you correct First Class, then you should be able to correct Second Class.

1 Like

This took a bit of doing, but the tips here helped, so thank you! I was able to undo the three ranks of FC, SC and Tenderfoot. I then backed out the requirement for the Scoutmaster Conference. This allowed me to clear the BoR date, and then go through and put all of the dates back in correctly. His record now shows all the Ranks there earned and awarded as they should be. Thanks again!

2 Likes

This is what I was seeing. He earned Second Class on 1/12/2022.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.