Need to remove google log in

@JayleneKatt good - I merged 3 SB users for Scout - all MIDs I see are under my.scouting.org > menu > manage member ID - do not change primary - you should be good

We got into Scoutbook too!

we are investigating age issues if they exist

Thank you so very much! Hard to communicate in here. I appreciate your patience and helping us! He can now train to work at summer camp.

@JayleneKatt still looking at this - can they use Google log in for anything else?

For some sites yes. But for us you solved the problem. I think they need to put a disclaimer for under 18 to not attach google log ins. Just to be safe.

Well reading a google doc it is 13 and under that are the issue - cause they have to be tied to adult, what I cannot figure out is how BSA Accepted it to begin with if it was going to fail

is your google account setup as the parent account in google? I wonder if the parent has to approve the sites a youth CAN log into?

I found that frustrating as well because he is 13. I am a parent on his account- family link. I spent a lot of time trying to remove him and couldn’t. The option to remove him wasn’t coming up. I also made sure he had access to log in on his own for websites. I followed all the google directions with no luck. And sadly have no clue who to reach out if it’s a problem with his account specifically with google.

T Katt–

I got the impression from other comments/replies you might have resolved this already, but I was just wondering if this might have been a solution:

Go to the Google Account, temporarily change the birthdate, go into the MyScouting and correct the log in to not use Google, then go back and return the google birthdate to the correct value…

(I had a similar issue, and was wondering if this was something you tried. I have found the google sign in for my.scouting and scoutbook to be a bit ‘quirky’ even for adult accounts)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.