Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

No Parent Permissions on my Leader Profile

Hi Again- I am hoping to invite my Scouts to join Scoutbook with their own email and log in credentials. My dashboard (as a two key Unit leader) does not have a “my family” selection, only a direct link to the Troop. My connections to them on their pages show the parent box is checked but shaded. The leader box is checked and in bold. I am unable to find a way on any of the edit profile pages to have a place to put in their email to invite. Someone suggested creating a second profile- non leader-, but I hope there’s another way?

You shouldn’t need a second profile. My leader/parent account connects to my scout just fine both at scoutbook.com and in the Scouting app.

I wonder if what the commenter meant was that it was possible you had more than one account already (i.e. an erroneous account that’s connected as a parent to the scouts). That said, if the view from your scouts’ profiles looks like it’s connected to you as both a leader and a parent, try re-approving that connection by clicking “Update” at the bottom. That should (I think) re-approve both the parent and leader connections.

When I had two accounts, one showed a connection to my scout, and the other showed my leader position. I didn’t get a grayed-out box for either one.

Jennifer,

Based on your description, it sounds like you do have 2 Scoutbook accounts. When you look at the unit roster in Scoutbook, do you see only one entry for yourself? Does it have 2 keys (indicating Unit Admin) next to your name?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.