Number of camping nights is not updating after entries via Internet advancement on a scout?

Wrong LL, he was the victim of duplication with another older profile which our council and national recently fixed to give him his own which is why we were “rebuilding” his activities last night…this scout started 10/21

Exercised the “edit” feature on his first summer camp at RK and his “6” nights were properly recorded in that entry…the system is not pulling it in for some reason…

@BrianBlankenship - can you post a screen shot of the scout IA profile page where the date joined scoutsBSA is.

@BrianBlankenship - perfect… so now to narrow down the issue

I am an outside observer on this, but when I look at the camping screenshot posted up above, for the summer camp entry, there are only days (7) and no nights. Maybe it was accidentally entered with days only and no nights indicated. That can be done.

I thought the same thing once I saw the report but went back and verified the “6” nights of camping were included in the entry…

Are we both referring to the field indicated in this screenshot of one of my own troop’s campouts?

The field that I am showing is a field in IA that applies the days/nights to individual scouts. It is different than what you are depicting.

You have to go in and assign the days and nights to the whole group of scouts, or to individual scouts.

Yes sir, exact same format…I even tried to “edit” as an individual entry to see if it would “trick” the system in giving him credit for the 6 nights and nothing there either…

Sometimes the Event tracker in IA is a beast. I have several open tickets on this IA Event manager myself. I will say a prayer that the folks here at SUAC can sort this out for you. I thought I was gonna dive in and save the day, but alas…

Lol, understand sir, I certainly appreciate your efforts!

1 Like

What happens if you run the activity report on the scout by checking “all dates” instead of “date joined bsa”? Do the nights show up then?

I believe the earlier gentlemen, Donovan, had done in which it shows the 7 days but no nights…I just went in and deleted the activity to re-enter myself and listed him as an individual and everything took just perfectly just now, go figure…

1 Like

Donovan, Stephen and Brian…I ended up just now deleting the activity from the scout and re-entered myself and listed him as an “individual” for camp and everything was properly accounted for and recorded…thank you for the earlier insight and help but this seems to have fixed the issue, thanks again to everyone!!

1 Like

Deleting an activity is VERY hard to do. Are you a Committee Chair or SM? Or did you keep the activity in the system, but delete the scout from it?

Lol, I’m both District Chair and current SM so I have all the admin rights…figured if we couldn’t get it resolved at this level worst case was for me to completely delete the scout from the activity and go in and upload another entry listing him as an “individual” and it worked just fine after that…

1 Like

The IA activity tracker tool is way too cantankerous. Shouldn’t require such high permission levels to make it work right. Glad you fixed your scout up!!!