Having an issue getting the course video for “Scouting Organization” to play. This is the first video under scoutmaster training, before the first meeting. I have completed the rest of the 30 day and 60 day videos as well as the rest of the training in before the first meeting. I have searched here and tried zoom settings, chrome incognito mode, edge, firefox, IOS on both my iPhone and iPad with no luck. The video never plays.
Check the scaling in your browser/OS. I think there’s a “play” button that’s off-screen, but the frame is set up not to permit scrolling.
I checked that course and indeed even scaling back to 60% it is a blank presentation with no video, play buttons etc
Course was checked this morning and running fine. Check the following
To ensure the course is running optimally and complete you need to ensure the following (in this order):
- The recommended browsers at Chrome or Edge – if you use something different than it may or may not work. You need to ensure they are up to date with the latest version. Chrome does not auto update anymore so it must be checked manually. (For example, The Chrome engine was hacked on 4/28 and a new update was pushed yesterday). Edge runs on the Chrome Engine (thus the end of life for IE in June).
Update Chrome - Update Google Chrome - Computer - Google Chrome Help
Update Microsoft Edge Web Browser -
• Click on the Main Menu button. First, make sure you are running Microsoft Edge and then click the Menu button in the top-right corner of the screen. …
• Hover over the “Help and Feedback” menu item. …
• Click “About Microsoft Edge” …
• Edge will automatically check for updates. …
• Edge is now up to date.
Update Chrome on Android device –
• On your Android phone or tablet, open the Play Store app. .
• At the top right, tap the profile icon.
• Tap Manage apps & device.
• Under “Updates available,” find Chrome. .
• Next to Chrome, tap Update.
Clearing the cache is a recommendation – but clearing cookies really does not do the trick – it needs to be the history.
Ensure your browser zoom is at 100%
@Stephen_Hornak ’s post was from 8 days ago.
In cases like this it is best for folks to work through council and open ticket with help desk
Why? It seems like many councils don’t do this. It would be best if people could post here. It makes trends clear vs on off issues. Also, too many intermediaries when council is the one opening and communicating on the ticket.