Only adult scouters can be invited / a youth scout was found with this email address

I’m attempting to connect a parent to a child. When I enter the parents email address i get the following error: "Only adult scouters can be invited. A youth Scout was found with this email address in Scoutbook. "

I looked in the forums and the fix used to be to email [scoutbook.support@scouting.org] and they’d fix it. My understanding is that option in now gone and I must engage my local council. I attempted that and local council advised me to tell the mother to create a new email account. Having her create a new email account is going to cause issues - she won’t check it like she checks her primary email. She could also possibly create a gmail alias, but I’m not sure if that would break the SSO functionality.

Any advise would be appreciated. Possibly some detailed instructions I could share with the local council.

I sent you a private message so we can collect the information we need to investigate. Click the blue circle with white M in the upper right of your forum window.

I receiving the same error when trying to create a parent account. I assume someone associated the child with their email address somewhere?

@TimGross what is the Scout BSA # of Scout and we can check - also nicely ask registrar to NOT input parents email for Scouts in ScoutNET

Actually, the error doesn’t reveal the offending scout account, just tells me a youth already has this address. When I look at our roster, it tells me there are no youth with assigned email addresses, so maybe they tried sending an invite that was never accepted?

The family has 2 scouts, so it should be either 129756212 or 128578566.

We are in the process of transitioning to Scoutbook, so I am just now trying to add all of the parent accounts. I’m not sure how someone would have done this, but I will make sure everyone knows not to moving forward.
Thanks!

@TimGross I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.