Parent Account Not Correct

Had a parent contact me tonight that their account was changed . . .

Parent is (removed by Moderator), member ID#14566265, email (removed by Moderator). It looks good through my leader account but when she logs in it is showing SB user ID#12579908 and Grand Canyon Council (we are in Quivira Council). She can’t make updates to her scout’s advancement.

Thanks,

Doug

@DouglasVanderhoof This is mostly fixed.

She has 2 BSA member ID numbers. One belongs to Quivira Council, and the other one belongs to Grand Canyon Council. I have set the Quivira Council one as “primary”.

She also has 2 usernames at my.scouting. One has Google sign in turned on. The other is her e-mail address. Which one would she like to keep? We can retire the other one.

@JenniferOlinger, she would like to keep the Google sign in.

@DouglasVanderhoof I have retired the other username. She should log in with Google sign on.

@JenniferOlinger thank you. Parent is now good!

1 Like

I am going to jump on this topic because my question is similar. Earlier this week (before we changed my daughters pack so the girls are no longer in the same den), I could see my niece’s mother in Scoutbook under the listed parents for the pack with a no email designation. She had told me she stopped getting emails (not by request) about 2-3 months ago. She had never seen or used Scoutbook or my.scouting as far as she can remember. Since I could see her in the parent list, she tried to do a forgot password for the email address she had been receiving the emails at, but got no such user when she tried to use her email and birthdate to find her username and so could not reset her password. Can you tell me if she has an account? If she does, please let me know who she needs to contact to ensure she is in control of it. I don’t know enough to know if being a parent user in Scoutbook means an account exists.

@ColbySherwood if you post her BSA # or SB User # we can look

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.