Parent Duplicate Account

Hi:

Hoping to get an expert from the Advisory Council to give me a hand sorting out a parent account for one of my scouts. This is important because I use Scoutbook as the tool to send all troop emails, and his mom isn’t getting my messages.

The parent is currently connected to her scout with 2 Scoutbook accounts but can’t log in to either account:

BSA ID - 13722789 (no email configured)
BSA ID - 136049747 (bad gmail account configured)

Neither account is getting my emails as she can’t use her gmail anymore.

Can I please get some help with the following:

1. Combining the accounts so there is only 1 active parent account for her.
  2. Get the username to her combined account.
  3. Info on how to get the password for the combined account.
  4. Instructions to let her know how to reset the email for the combined account to the yahoo email she is using now.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information.

Thanks for your help!

well she logged into the first one in Oct with her my.scouting.org credentials - and logged into the second one with her gmail.com email last month. We can merge them with either login being maintained - then once she is logged in she can change the email.

Hi @DonovanMcNeil:

Thanks for your quick reply!

Since she’s having all kinds of trouble with Gmail I’d think that the my.scouting.com credentialed account would be the best option as the surviving account. Could you also provide me the username to that account so I can remind her how she should log into the account?

Thanks!

Harara123 is the user name if she recalls password - will wait to hear from you on that

The story gets even more interesting from here @DonovanMcNeil. I sat down with the mom today. I had her connect to Scoutbook using the Harara123 account. That logon actually connects to her daughter’s Scoutbook profile. The BSA ID associated with that Scoutbook username is 134826594.

While I had her, I asked her to try connecting to the account with the Gmail username. It kept erroring with an invalid username/password error.

What do you suggest for next steps?

Thanks!

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.