Parent Accounts

We recently went through a massive recruitment and we have 30+ new scouts. I am trying to set up parent accounts and it sends them the email with no password or login information, just Rachael has invited you to join Scoutbook. It is also marking that they each have full control, which we only give them edit functions. It will not let me edit this as well in their connection.

I resent an invite (using the resend invitation feature in their connection) to one parent and it created another account for them. They now show twice in the scouts profile. Neither of which are connected to the scout.

I have never had this issue in the past. I have been using Scoutbook for a long time and had no issue connecting parents before. However, all parents previously connected are showing that they have full control as well.

Help!! I have frustrated parents after I showed them all how to use it.

Hi, @RachaelParker,

Could you post a screenshot from one of the parents showing what the email looks like? That might help with identifying what’s going on.

That definitely seems odd, since I assume you sent the invite to the same email address. Did you search for the parents in the system before trying to add them? Recently, it appears that parent data has been getting entered into the system based on what was on the new scout application. I’m wondering if this is a symptom of a pre-existing account that doesn’t have an associated email address.

This was a change dictated by the BSA some time after they purchased Scoutbook. Parents automatically get irrevocable Full Control permissions, as do unit admins (as long as the scout has an active membership with that unit). A parent with Full Control can’t mark items Leader Approved or Awarded, unless they are also a leader.

I resent an invite (using the resend invitation feature in their connection) to one parent and it created another account for them. They now show twice in the scouts profile. Neither of which are connected to the scout.

That definitely seems odd, since I assume you sent the invite to the same email address. Did you search for the parents in the system before trying to add them? Recently, it appears that parent data has been getting entered into the system based on what was on the new scout application. I’m wondering if this is a symptom of a pre-existing account that doesn’t have an associated email address.

I didn’t enter a new parent. I went back into their original connection that was pending and just resent the email.

I will see if a parent can send me one. Thanks for your help

Sorry, I phrased the question poorly. I meant that the BSA has been entering data based on the new scout application forms (hard copy and/or online, I can’t tell which) and some of us have found parents already entered, or duplicates appearing unexpectedly. I was wondering if, instead of creating a new parent account the first time you sent the invite, you had searched for the parent to see if the BSA had already created one. I understood from your earlier post that you had re-sent the invite from the “original” connection.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.