Parent/Adults with Duplicate Accounts

I have recently transfered some AOLs into our Troop. Some parents/adults have come up as having duplicate accounts – they created different accounts as Pack/Scouts, I assume.

One is an registered adult in our Troop: Member ID 133158620. This is the account to save. He created another account which does not have an email associated with it and also does not seem to have ever “accepted” a connection to his Scout. I would like to delete that account and/or merge it with the good account.

Another new Scout Member ID 13414637 has a parent with two accounts, apparently using the same email. I don’t think this parent is registered nor has an associated Member ID, not at least that I can see.

Thanks for your help cleaning up our records!

@JackLum that is fixed - I recommend that They contact your local council and ask them to use the Registrar Tools to look up the children. When they look up the children, they want to check children’s “User Relationship” and make sure that children are connected to parent with Only the correct BSA member ID number

Ok. Unfortunately, our local council has not been helpful with such requests. It gets frustrating when I know they are capable but unwilling or unresponsive.

@DonovanMcNeil It looks like you went ahead and fixed my problem. Thank you very much! Separately, I have scheduled a meeting with Council Exec to get a better sense for what should be expected with scouting tools and registrar tools – we units get mixed messages and it is not helpful.

Donovan fixed it in scoutbook, but the issue still exists in the membership database which will likely cause the issue to recur after your next recharter.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.