Parent claiming BSA ID # in My.Scouting.org but doesn't show in Scoutbook

I have a parent (dad) who wants to be invited to Scoutbook and connected to his Scout. His wife is giving me his BSA ID # 12498295 and telling me he has a My.Scouting.org account; however, no matter how I search for his name in Scoutbook (first name last name, email address or ID number) to add him as a parent connection he doesn’t come up in the search list. Shouldn’t he come up in Search if he already has a My.Scouting.org account? It has not been easy to communicate with this family and the wife is trying to get the setup done for her husband.

I’ll look into this.

He doesn’t have a Scoutbook account. If he wasn’t tied to his Scout as a parent in my.scouting he won’t show in Scoutbook. You can ask your council registrar to add him as a parent to the Scout with the member ID. It will flow into Scoutbook

Ok, will request for him to call council. Thanks!

Another alternative that may be easier, is to ask the parent to log into scoutbook.scouting.org with the same username and password that he uses in my.scouting.org.

Once he does that, he will have created a Scoutbook account that the unit can find.

That would probably be much faster.

@WilliamNelson - The alternative didn’t work, so the wife took the route of calling council and spoke with them yesterday. They confirmed the husbands profile in My.Scouting.org and made sure he was connected to his Scout at council level. After that the wife mentioned in an email that they were using her email address for his council record and I informed her she can’t do that because she already has an account with the email address. She said she logged into My.Scouting.org under his name and put in his email address. I was fully expecting for it to sync overnight and be able to add him as a connection to his Scout this morning and send him the invite to Scoutbook. This morning I still search by both his Name (no results), his Email (no results) and his BSA ID (no results). Should I just add him as a new user to Scoutbook or will that create the duplicate because of his existing BSA ID? I am at a loss for next step. Can we do a private message and I can give you all the husbands details to research further?

The alternative didn’t work, so the wife took the route of calling council and spoke with them yesterday. They confirmed the husbands profile in My.Scouting.org and made sure he was connected to his Scout at council level. After that the wife mentioned in an email that they were using her email address for his council record and I informed her she can’t do that because she already has an account with the email address. She said she logged into My.Scouting.org under his name and put in his email address. I was fully expecting for it to sync overnight and be able to add him as a connection to his Scout this morning and send him the invite to Scoutbook. This morning I still search by both his Name (no results), his Email (no results) and his BSA ID (no results). Should I just add him as a new user to Scoutbook or will that create the duplicate because of his existing BSA ID? I am at a loss for next step. Can we do a private message and I can give you all the husbands details to research further?

Michael, I sent you a private message for more information.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.