Parent MBC not showing in troop roster

Neither of them has a duplicate when I go to add leader and search for their names

As MBCs, they should have my.scouting credentials. I wonder if they get different interfaces if they log in with their my.scouting credentials than if they login with their email addresses. That would conclusively demonstrate a duplicate account, but itā€™s not clear to me why that would prevent them from appearing in the unit roster.

Can anybody from SUAC find out if expired YPT would keep a parent (who also happens to be a MBC) from appearing in the unit roster under Roster Builder?

YPT expire in Sep and Dec respectively. Iā€™m not sure what credentials they log in with. Iā€™m trying to get a hold of one of them now

Well rats. Another fine theory down the drain. :^)

1 Like

I think we are down to relying on the folks themselves to report back on how they log into scoutbook and my.scouting and if that is different. I would also ask them to check their respective profiles in my.scouting to see if that BSA ID matches what is showing in scoutbook.

2 Likes

I asked both of them but they are currently away from their computer and for unknown reasons they do not carry their BSA card on them or have the number memorized :slight_smile:

@MetteRossi - they dont have their number memorizedā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Their BSA number on their card matches what I see under the parent linked to the scout. And they can log in and see their kids and their BSA number and it matches their card and what I see.

@MetteRossi - now what about my.scouting.org and is it the same login as scoutbook? And is the MBC role in their profile in my.scouting and in their roles in scoutbook?

yes, its the same login for both and both systems list them as merit badge counselors

@MetteRossi -okā€¦ Well letā€™s try something completely different. If you click on them from the troop roster scout listing it should show the connection/rights page. The parent role should be grayed out, click on update then to the next parent. Not certain if that will place them into the report but canā€™t hurt.

1 Like

@Stephen_Hornak I just tried that and nothing changed in the report.

I have reported the bug to the developers.

Thank you, we were running out of ideas to try/

Please clarify if you are using Report Builder or Roster Builder.

Thanks.

It looks like Roster Builder Designer in the picture in post 2.

Yeah, but Iā€™m seeing a different issue. I believe @MetteRossi said she was also using Roster Builder.

Both words have been used, and itā€™s not clear whether ā€œrosterā€ refers to membership or the report, confusing the issue. Before proceeding, Iā€™d like to see a definitive answer from Mette.

@JWPlatt @JenniferOlinger @CharleyHamilton I go into troop roster, print roster, and it launches the Roster Builder Designer, the report generated from there is the one missing my MBC parents

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™ve given details to the developers to resolve.

1 Like