Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Parent not able to access his scout

I have an adult is is an ASM, a MBC and a parent. Previously he had no issues but starting a couple of weeks or so ago he can no longer access his own account to View, nor can he access his scout. One of his son’s aged out (but is still showing up in Scouts after rechartering, even though he is also now showing up in the Adults section, as he should be) but he no longer has access to the other. He clicks on the scout’s name and sees only 2 (old) MB’s and an abbreviated information list at the top (doesn’t have the proper number of MB’s listed, does show his name being connected).
Actually, he sees two of his one son – clicking on one shows him the above info, clicking on the other account kicks him back out to the dashboard. Clicking on his own account brings up the timer icon that 20 minutes later is still there.
I tried updating all Connections, in any way I could, but it didn’t reset anything (he shows under Connections has having Full Control). He has tried Edge and Chrome and on two different laptops.
I did notice that when I clicked on his son’s account (I only see one of the one scout) I see his name listed twice under connections – once as a Parent and once as a Leader/MBC. I did try adding Parent to the Leader/MBC profile and now his email shows up twice for the scout.

@MaureenMellett I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it - it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC) - might not get to it tonight

It sounds like the adult has somehow acquired a second account. When you click on the adult’s name from the scout’s connections, click on Edit Profile for the adult, and check out the AdultUserID in the URL to see if they are the same or different.

ETA: Nevermind. The experts are on it. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.