Parent with multiple Scout connections that need to be

I am trying to help a parent get a relationship to their Scouts fixed. I have copied an email thread here, but redacted names other than first initials. Is this enough info to go on? The basic issue is they are not able to see their Scout in Scoutbook. I think things may have gotten convoluted in a transfer. I see the following in Scoutbook:

Parent - BSA ID: 12582455; UserID: 10910859; no email address
Scout - BSA ID: 13977276; UserID: 12049982

My initial email:
Hi K,

Issues with BSA profiles can be a bit messy. We will need help from BSA support or council to sort this out. Let me make sure I understand all of the details. Some background, each council manages its own BSA IDs. Adults are supposed to be linked to a universal profile with training history and so on. Youth are tracked at the council level only. When a youth transfers, their history should be copied from the old council’s records into the new council’s records. To help pick that apart, I have some questions I need answered so we can proceed properly.

• You transferred from Mount Baker council this calendar year?
  • Is L joining Cub Scouts for the first time or was he a member of a pack in Washington?
    • I think the latter, but I do not see any history in Scoutbook. This means they did not merge his history properly. It can be corrected.
    • If L has a history prior to Pack 1402, what was his BSA ID?
  • Is E also active in a Scout unit here in Sam Houston? What is his BSA ID?
    • I want to get you connected properly to both in one shot.
  • Were you a leader in Mount Baker? Would you like to be here in the pack?
    • We can always use more help!

Here is what I can see via Scoutbook and MyScouting:

Youth:

L - MyScouting/Scoutbook BSA ID: 13977276 (properly connected to pack, but no advancement history)

E - MyScouting ID: 131833651 (confirmed via Training verification; likely Mt. Baker, not Sam Houston)

You:

K (connected to Landon in SB, confirmed name on Training verification) - SB BSA ID: 12582455, SB UserID: 10910859

Also, I see the same BSA ID (12582455) on Landon’s application. I think you were not issued a new council ID since you are not registered as a leader or adult partner.

With your answer to the above, there is an online help forum staffed by volunteers that should be able to sort this out pretty easily.

Thanks,
Scott

Parent reply:

• You transferred from Mount Baker council this calendar year?
    • Negative, we moved back to Texas in 2016, E (and my oldest C) were both in Mt. Baker council prior to that move.
  • Is L joining Cub Scouts for the first time or was he a member of a pack in Washington?
    • This is L’s first time in scouting, he was not registered prior to now.
  • Is E also active in a Scout unit here in Sam Houston? What is his BSA ID?
    • E finished Cub Scouts here with the pack but elected not to join the troop after earning his Arrow of Light, when I view him in Scout Book his ID shows as bsa 12588552 and userid 2420598

• I do also have C (can see him and E currently in SB) who is 134298800 and userid 1569482

• Were you a leader in Mount Baker? Would you like to be here in the pack?
    • I was not (I don’t think) although I know I took YPT probably from volunteering at day camp during the summer

@Scott_Hall This one is kind of complicated, so I will send you a private message.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.