Parent with SB account not showing up in Connections search

There are councils that refuse to add connections in AKELA if not there at registration

Those councils can have fun typing in paper applications

1 Like

That’s an interesting stance for them to take. I wonder how that would be squared with a change in guardianship for a youth after their initial registration.

Use Case 1 - Death of parent/guardian who was on the initial application.
Use Case 2 - Change in legal guardianship eliminating the parent/guardian who was on the initial application (e.g. adoption from a foster care situation).

ETA: And those are just situations I know personally have occurred.

Well you have to think at LEAST 35%+ of parents are not connected in AKELA cause 1 fills out the app for a given scout

I realize we’re wandering pretty far afield, so feel free to snip this whole tangent off and stick it in a different thread. :^)

The system just requires any parent/guardian connection in Akela in order to use the online transfer system, right? Or does the beascout (i.e. inter-council) process require that the parent initiating the transfer be connected? I haven’t dealt with that yet, since (as I understand it) our CO doesn’t allow online applications.

The parent initiating has to have the relationship. For unit-initiated, it just has to have one.

1 Like

Council says they’ve added this parent to the scout, but it’s been a week and we still don’t see her anywhere on the boys’ troop roster or connected to her scout. Her BSA ID is: 13543574. Can you see what might be going on? Thanks!

Any update on when the Connections search feature might be fixed? We have several scouts with no parent connection in SB and Council seems unwilling/unable to help us. Thanks.

I added the connection between her and M. You’ll need to go into Ms connections and change the connection type to parent/guardian

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.