Parents can mark Cub Scout advancement as Leader Approved

I read the topic at Parents can mark requirements/rank as leader aproved which states this “feature” was enabled due to COVID-19 restrictions on meeting last Spring.

The change log for April 16, 2020, April 16, 2020 Scoutbook Updates, directed me to read the COVID-19 FAQ at https://www.scouting.org/coronavirus/covid-19-faq. The FAQ states “We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate when this temporary measure expires and there is a return to the standard rules for Cub Scout advancement.” under the question “May parents sign off on Webelos and Arrow of Light requirements?”

Have we returned to standard rules for Cub Scout Advancement yet? If not, has there been discussion about when that will happen?

In the meantime, we’ll keep a close eye on who marks advancement as approved.

The BSA has not revoked the capability for Cub Scout parents to sign off advancements. My feeling is as long as some states have shutdowns preventing packs from meeting, the BSA will keep this policy in place.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.